1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Multiple Gmail Account, How to Set Default outgoing Account?

Hi,

I don't remember this being a problem with GB, but i just upgraded OTA to ICS.
    I'm using a completely stock Epic Touch 4G.

I have 4 Gmail accounts on my phone....they are all separately set up.
    One is my primary, one is junk, one is work related, and one is joint with my wife.

When i go through my contacts to send an email....it sends from the last gmail account i viewed.
    This has caused me to send from an account i didn't mean to. I assumed it was using my primary account, but it doesn't...it looks like it sends from the last gmail account i viewed/opened.

Is it possible to set a global default Gmail account to send from when i'm not starting the email from the within gmail app?

When i share a link through the browser by gmail...it also sends from the last gmail account i viewed.

I would like it to always send from a global default gmail account, instead of the last one i accessed, so that I don't send emails from the wrong one. It's annoying to always verify i'm sending from the correct account and changing it within the email each time...sometimes i just hit send and forget to check which account it's sending from.

Thanks for any help on changing this setting.

ROM
    project v

I'm pretty sure the default is always the account you first setup. I know that is how it was on older versions of android and am certain that pay didn't change. But I think your best bet is to try a third party email app.

Default Re: Multiple Gmail Account, How to Set Default outgoing Account?

Ok- you need to dump your phone- when you set up the main gmail account set it up under the gmail icon- any sub accounts you have or want set it up under email...u should be good... Make sure all your data is backed up on that gmail from a computer before u do all of this...

I apologize for bring up this old subject, but it appears with ICS and JB the ability to set which account is the default has gone away. I too have a need to set the default account and cannot find it anywhere. As the OP says, the non-Gmail apps will use the last "viewed" account as the default for sending mail, and every time I open GMail app and switch accounts to read mail, that becomes the default for other apps. Very annoying.

If there is a way to set this somewhere, I'd really like to hear it. Using the non-Gmail "Email" app is not an option for me as I need several features of the GMail app and GTalk which can only be used if the Gmail accounts are added to Gmail. This seems to be a tremendous gap in the current functionality of Android.

Unhappy Re: Multiple Gmail Account, How to Set Default outgoing Account?

Yep. I have the same problem. Two Gmail accounts and it won't let me pick a default. What a crazy feature to remove!! And it seems it's been like that for a long time according to this thread.

:i'm having the same problem my contacts keep syncing now I have 6,500 contacts and all in my phone one per 25+ times.
    I try to delete them and they keep coming back... Can somebody please HELP...
    Last edited by Tikki Htown; 02-04-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: I didn't text that.