Removing data roaming notification?

Redraider1

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I manually updated to ics last week and everything is running great except i get a notification (triangle with !) all the time! When i pull down the notification bar it says "data roaming. You have lost connection with server". This notification is up there all the time since the update and when i close it, it is back within a min. i can't figure out how to get it to stop. If i click on it, it takes me to the mobile networks menu with the only option being turning off 3g. Now that i think about it since the update my 3g doesn't stem to ever be used anymore, I didn't notice it because i use wigi out have 4g turned on.
Any feedback would be appreciated!

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing, but only once a day in the morning after my phone has been on the charger all night. All of my roaming warnings are turned off and, like you said, tapping the warning just takes me to the screen where you can turn off 3G data.

No idea how to stop it, as it doesn't make any sense based on my settings and usage. Annoying, but luckily I only see it once a day.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would first see if updating your Profile and PRL under system updates stops the notifications. If not, try unchecking everything in the Roaming Guard area in the settings settings menu. I did a quick Google search on the issue and it seems others have experienced the same thing even on different devices, but with no solutions that I could find. If what I suggested doesn't work you may want to dig into a Google search a bit deeper and see if anyone found a way to stop it.

Redraider1

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I already updated prl, and profile a couple days ago. I had the roaming setting set how you suggested but had roaming guard set for international calls, i unchecked those, all we will see if that helps?

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Sprint reset my phone last night to get rid of this issues.(yeah right). I turned my phone on this morning and i got this showing up almost immediately. July 16th, the date of my phone was cripple by a brain freeze from an Ice Cream Sandwich!
Must have ate it too fast.

candiec2006

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
mine does this every few minutes, im going to revert back to gingerbread...i cant even use facebook because it makes my phone so hot i have to keep exiting out of apps

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Go to the data roaming chart...click on the right side of the limit bar and drag it up to like 10GB...that should delay the message being triggered until you use that much data...worked for me!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I manually updated to ics last week and everything is running great except i get a notification (triangle with !) all the time! When i pull down the notification bar it says "data roaming. You have lost connection with server". This notification is up there all the time since the update and when i close it, it is back within a min. i can't figure out how to get it to stop. If i click on it, it takes me to the mobile networks menu with the only option being turning off 3g. Now that i think about it since the update my 3g doesn't stem to ever be used anymore, I didn't notice it because i use wigi out have 4g turned on.
Any feedback would be appreciated!

Are you roaming?

EVO007

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
this thread is really old this just in case if your still having problems this worked for me....
go to your dialer and dial ##25327##
and depending on your phone you might not have enter the last #
anyways it will pull up a menu and then click on menu and clear or what it says for you
lastly best of luck :)

Niki Bos

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I have gotten a notice on my phone informing me that my photos and Text messages will be
DELETED on 2/5/17. Is says that these are in "the cloud". I want this msg. REMOVED Please and my photos to remain. What do I do???

Mark Began

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I am a samsung user, and have found one way to disable "Data Roaming" notification. I dont know is it a correct way but we can do it by

1. Go To Setting >> More Settings >> Mobile Networks
2. Enable "Use packet Data" check
3. Enable "Data Roaming" check
4. and finally Disable "Use packet Data" check.

so you have ON "Data Roaming" option, but it will work only when you enable "Use Packet Data". Hope this is the alternative option to disable "Data Roaming" notification

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae