Dropped phone in sink...

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Compeltely submerged! I got it out quickly pulled the battery and put it in a bowl full of rice overnight.

This mornign it powered on just fine and everything seemed to be normal. However, the bottom left corner of my touch screen is unresponsive in addition to the top left.

For reference, when using swift key, my 'a' button, number button, and caps button do not register key presses.

I know this is most likely a warranty claim, just wondering if anyone has experienced this and has any tips?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
No tips I can think of but I don't see a warranty claim, you dropped it in water, not a manufacturer defect. Insurance claim yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, definitely not a warranty-claimable issue. There are litmus papers in these devices that will turn a color as soon as moisture is present. Your carrier will see that and immediately deny a warranty claim. You only option is insurance. Pay a deductible, get another device.

By the way, sorry to hear about the swim! :-\

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Warranty or insurance claim. I was in a boat crash in January and mine took a swim with me, everything worked fine but the speaker was toast. Its always something when a phone gets wet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums