Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Think well get jelly bean?

Article on this in android Central. Think well get this update sometime next year??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Official from Samsung/Sprint? I really doubt this phone will see it. Unofficial via Cyanogenmod? No doubt about it. Crafty developers are already working hard on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JayWill72; 08-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

I always assume these articles refer to the international versions of phones. They always get updates before the US phones.

Default Re: Think well get jelly bean?

If it were'nt 4 U guys (dev), this magnificent phone wouldn't c anything! They treat this phone like a stepchild!!
    Thanked by:

I also do not think there will be an official JB update from Sprint. It would be awesome if there was, but I highly doubt there will be. When JB from the CM guys gets stable and mostly official, I will root my phone and install the ROM.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!
    rhizon15 and DuckyMV like this.

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

If there would be one from Sprint, it'd be botched BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    If there would be one from Sprint, it'd be botched BAD!
    You can say that again. Maybe Sprint could manage to make your battery last 3 hours from full charge to 0%.
    chosenhobo likes this.

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Quote Originally Posted by djs71a View Post
    You can say that again. Maybe Sprint could manage to make your battery last 3 hours from full charge to 0%.
    That's being VERY VERY optomistic!!!!

There is hope out there! I think it will take time like most things Sprint/Samsung related but if we stick it out there just may be an update available sometime next year im sure but there is hope!

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

If Sprint is smart they will do it if only to get more practice at producing these updates...because they suck at it right now!

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Sprint tech told me Samsung provides the firmware and all Sprint does is load it to their servers for the OTA updates. At first I thought Sprint engineers would test it out first but that wasn't true....sigh.....doesn't seem like we'd get Jelly Bean....look how long it to get ICS....Samsung is known for not providing good updates....they just keep putting out newer phones.....

I'd bet my bottom dollar we will never see it.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Red face Re: Think well get jelly bean?

Honestly, I had my initial doubts, but it seems that Sprint has really upped their game when it comes to upgrades ever since the intial release of Ice Cream Sandwich. They pulled their defective update pretty fast, and took some time to test the second update before pushing it. And FH13 coming up? At the moment, it looks like Sprint is trying to maintain it's support for this device until it's EOL (End of Life).

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I think we'll see Jellybean on our device. If not, then at least we'll have some great developers working on it in CM10 or AOSP fashion

I'm almost sure this phone will become as jelly belly. 4.1 isn't that much of an upgrade from 4.0.4... it's kind of like going from froyo to gingerbread was for the LG optimus. Hopefully without the issues lol. Now for a time span of it? Liking at the time we waited on the ics goodness, it may be next year sometime. Doubtfu we'd see it before 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    My phone is faster than my PC was in 2004! What the...
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by steddora View Post
    I'm almost sure this phone will become as jelly belly. 4.1 isn't that much of an upgrade from 4.0.4... it's kind of like going from froyo to gingerbread was for the LG optimus. Hopefully without the issues lol. Now for a time span of it? Liking at the time we waited on the ics goodness, it may be next year sometime. Doubtfu we'd see it before 2013.

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you went through the Great Optimus S GB fiasco of 2011/12 too?! I share your pain...

I just switched to this phone a couple weeks ago and heard the same thing was happening with this one and the ICS update and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUU........!

On topic: I think we'll get JB...Once Key Lime Pie is out for two months and Lemon Meringue is in the works

Sent from my SPH-D710

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Think well get jelly bean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you went through the Great Optimus S GB fiasco of 2011/12 too?! I share your pain...

I just switched to this phone a couple weeks ago and heard the same thing was happening with this one and the ICS update and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUU........!

On topic: I think we'll get JB...Once Key Lime Pie is out for two months and Lemon Meringue is in the works

Sent from my SPH-D710
    You did too? I thought I was the only one over here who came from the OptiS. I hated ZVH, and reverted back to ZVD, then ZVJ and I'm like nah upgrade time.

Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    You did too? I thought I was the only one over here who came from the OptiS. I hated ZVH, and reverted back to ZVD, then ZVJ and I'm like nah upgrade time.
    Lol yep. We sure know how to pick 'em, eh?

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Whoas! I had the LG Optimus S as well but rooted my phone to Gingersnap so I didn't have any problems. That was a big frickin mess with that update from froyo to GB. Then my LG ph got stolen. Here I am now with SGII.

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian_Geek View Post
    Whoas! I had the LG Optimus S as well but rooted my phone to Gingersnap so I didn't have any problems. That was a big frickin mess with that update from froyo to GB. Then my LG ph got stolen. Here I am now with SGII.
    I must say tho, I liked the notification through Sprint Zone telling me to prepare for the update. They should've done that for this device as we had nothing to go off of except a leaked article that was highly doubted but true. If they except us to keep Sprint Zone on our phones, they have to do something with the app. And have you guys seen the BoostZone app on the leaked build? Its metro-style was unique but very familar at the same time.

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Sprint store here in Honolulu is ordering me a new SGII. That ICS update screwed my phone bad even after Sprint tech put back GB on my phone. Yet a friend of mine has same phone but his didn't update until last week. His phone has no issues whatsoever! Weirdest thing for me was when I put the original battery in my phone the date and time had to be set manually and phone emits heat when it's being recharged or just even being in my pocket. And this is with GB reinstalled....Sprint tech said that's it I just ordering you a new phone.....

ROM
    Rooted FF18

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Official from Samsung/Sprint? I really doubt this phone will see it. Unofficial via Cyanogenmod? No doubt about it. Crafty developers are already working hard on it.

I'll take Cyanogenmod over Samsung/Sprint firmware anyday of the week. Too much bloatware for me. Only thing I need is voicemail and Sprint wallet to bill apps to my Sprint account.

ROM
    Rooted FF18

Quote Originally Posted by steddora View Post

Hopefully the leak the hell out of JB for the Epic 4G Touch, like they did with ICS.
    xtn

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts

I can't think of any good business reason they would update them again. I imagine they want as much churn to their newer models as possible, and only give us one update to appease those customers who actually wait through a typical two-year contract before getting a new phone.

ROM
    ICS Stock OTA

Honestly, I'd rather just root and rom to CM or AOKP than wait 2 years for an update to a phone i just bought.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast