ICS Conclusion?

smartjacoby

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a lot of stuff on the ICS update, and I was wondering if I should actually get it or not. My phone has been bothering me about getting it for the past few days, and I've been tapping "Update Later". I know FoxFi doesn't work after the update, and FoxFi is important to my survival until the 12th. But once I no longer need FoxFi.... Is the update worth it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
No problems here. Lots of new features. My battery was bad at first but has gotten better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
To each his own... The update isn't that bad honestly. My girlfriend and I both have ran the ota and it wasn't to awful lol. EL29 is better for stability and the like but FF18 has the features. It's kind of like choosing between windows XP and windows 7 was. Sure XP was tried and true and stable as could be; but those features windows 7 had just Drew you in. Give it time and the ics for these phones well be nice and stable and polished. Not saying that it isn't stable as of now, just not bare stock EL29 stable just yet. I say go for the update, if you don't like it, you can always Odin back to gingerbread. :) personally, I could never go back to gingerbread as I'm completely spoiled with ics features.

Sent by telekinesis and The Blu Kuban.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is stock ics from the manual update.
43acbae7-a7ea-253d.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I did so don't regret it but there are a few glitches such as elarged contacts pics and only one game was not compatible and opening web browser some pages are too big to see and won't scroll over so look at thru landscape mode but for the most part love it and sure these errors will be fixed by Samsung in time.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I did the manual update...ran it for two days before I decided to flash AOKP. It wasn't horrible on my phone, but there were enough little things that bugged me about it. Plus I just missed having AOKP from my old phone...lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Comparing this ICS update to XP and Win 7 is not the same thing. First off, Win 7 is nearly perfect. Xp is tried and true, but lacks the smoothness and newer features of Win 7. The
ICS upgrade., Seems like for a lot of people, myself included,,was a disaster. Intermittent wifi and data being turned off was the killer for me. Not to mention it was not as fluid as Gingerbread. Now my wifes phone is having battery issues and I tried all the fixes.
Im not missing any new features ICS has. MY GPS has always worked.
I flashed back to el29 according to the walk thru on here and it made me fall in love all over again with my phone!. Happy for those that ICS works great for. Wish I knew why some phones work with it and some dont.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, just to say, windows seven us far from perfect lol.

But ice us the same idea. sometimes that it's just isn't right and dirtiness it it's. I think must people who have problems just update. Think of it like going from XP to windows seven. Some software might not work and will crash. Same generic idea. I never had half of the trouble some people gave lol. :)
Sent by telekinesis and The Blu Kuban.

mattlreese

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am having a lot of problems with it myself. EL29 was vastly more stable, it was almost perfect to be honest.

With ICS the phone locks up a lot, and the crome browser is unuseable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae