Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with connecting phone to mac after ics update

Hey guys,

I do not have this phone but a friend of mine does. She is having issues with her mac reading the phone to transfer pictures after doing the ICS update. Also having issues with swype not working on the phone since the update. Does anyone know how to fix these issues?

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Issues with connecting phone to mac after ics update

She needs the Android File Trasnfer software as ICS uses MTP but Macintosh doesn't natively support it.

Here http://www.android.com/filetransfer/
    vidroid likes this.

Default Re: Issues with connecting phone to mac after ics update

I've yet to connect my phone to my mac after upgrading to ICS.

Excellent bit of info that will come in handy for me. Thanks.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Android File Transfer has a hard time recognizing my phone, I have to restart my phone quite often to get it to work, but when it does, it does the job just fine.

You can also use Kies air to transfer pictures from the phone to the Mac but it needs Java and I haven't quite gotten it to work yet.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Issues with connecting phone to mac after ics update

Kies is way overrated. I feel as if it should still be in it's alpha status. I've tried Kies, and I'm actually glad Sprint does the Epic4GTouch updates OTA. It saves me some worries, because I just don't trust Kies with that big of a task, especially when their file transfer part of the program sucks. Terribly.

The Mac issue has been addresed, but if you haven't found the solution for the Swype KB, she just needs to go and clear the data on it for it to start working again.