Still loving this phone on GB

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Who would like to agree with me..???

I still just love this phone on GB and have no intentions of updating to Ice Cream anytime soon. The question is, why upgrade? You've got great reception

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With this phone and an awesome battery life. I could care less about all the other added extra features. Who really uses face unlock. Anyway, don't see my upgrading or going to another phone anytime soon.

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried ICS and JB ROMs but so far have always come back to Calkulin's 3.0 GB ROM. I do keep trying them though, and am sure I'll switch permanently one of these days.

Dortch

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My father has no intention of upgrading from his land line to a cell phone. He also has no intention of upgrading from writing on paper to typing on a keyboard (he does not know how to type...relied on his secretary) He also has no intention of getting an HD TV when is 32" zenith is working perfectly fine....
I'm not trying to bust your chops, seriously, for I am a noob when it comes to Android OS....I just hate to see someone getting stuck in their ways at such a young age (I'm in my 40s). I readily admit that I know very little, in fact, that is the only thing I know for sure. I just got my first android phone (moving from BB) less than a month ago, and I could not wait to get on the newest operating system. I must admit that all was initially smoother and lasted longer with GB. However, after upgrading to ICS and following DN2's factory reset instructions...ICS is moving just as fast if not faster than GB, and the battery life is excellent. So my question is: If you can have the latest and greatest OS, with no loss of speed, functionality or battery life, why not upgrade?

Reactions: thenameisnigel

tabascoman66

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I am going to agree with Dortch on this. Before the factory reset, ics was slow and glitchy. But I had always planned to do a factory reset, and even though it was a pain, i believe it fixed most of my issues, like DN2 said. Except for the USB drive, I do like the look and functions of ics much better, it is definitely an upgrade. Google's voice control and search is so much better. As for my battery life it seems to be about the same as before. Anyway, to each his own.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok yeah touchwiz GB to touchwiz ICS is meh whatever. But GB to AOSP ICS is hands down no contest. Vanilla ICS > GB all day long. It's not even the same phone.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Tried several ics builds and some interesting some sucked in the end they all had terrible battery life, have on Calks E4Gt v. 3.0 for a long time, and will stay here until my upgrade to the Gal S3 around 11/13.
Fire now just enjoying GB to its fullest.

Pp.

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally like my phone the way it came. (eg30) I've played with a few friends devices running on the ics OTA's and rooted devices and all have their quirks. My battery life stumps all theirs and I generally use mine a lot more than they do. I don't like the features they took out and replaced such as the non scrolling homescreen wallpaper and I prefer the bounce instead of the little blue highlight that pops in once you reach the end of a list. Blue is my favorite color I might add! :) I currently don't feel the need to potentially have problems with my awesome as-is android phone as with some owners. The risk isn't worth taking, I don't want to be one of the guys excited about updating just to find out that I have to factory reset and other such things to get it working properly. If you're complaining...You're not happy. I'm happy on GB!

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am still on EG30, and loving it. I see no reason to upgrade to ICS. I love the scroll bounce, and the text reflow.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with ready 2 rise... My phone works perfectly on GB. Why mess it up. If my phone didn't work to my expectations when I bought it, I would have returned it. I will update eventually. But only when everything is stable. I never enough trouble dealing with data speeds and dropped calls. I'm not in a hurry to mess the phone up to, and not be able to connect to wifi or any of the other problems. And when I do update, of it screws the phone up, I'll mail it back and move on.
Guess i'm just tired of all the BS sprint serves us.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on GB EK02 and couldn't be happier. Personally I think this was the best build this phone has seen.

The latest is not always the greatest.

Jahjah440

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread made this phone awesome. I'm running stock ICS but seriously considering going back to GB. Data service is horrible

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Back to gingerbread for me and bammmm battery life is back to all day with no problem. I ran a few different custom roms and stock ics, nothing compares to gingerbread battery life. livin the dream on gingerbread.

MerpsMom

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I love all the new techie stuff and have for a long time. But I'm no youngster and having had to reset every smartphone I've ever had, I'm not going for it. :) GB works quite nicely, I really don't care anymore about spending my time risking a loss of my "stuff." Maybe I'm growing up? :)

Now, I wish they would stop prodding me!

MM

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Horders.... Lol jk. But seriously it takes 10 minutes to back up all your stuff on your computer so you will never lose those precious pictures of Todo. You should be backing your data up anyway. You never know what could happen.

Also just to clarify because there seems to be some confusion regarding factory reset on your phone. You do not lose your pictures. You do not lose your music. You do not lose any files you have saved or anything that you have saved into folders manually. All you will lose is app data.

That means you will lose your saved games and sign-in info on Facebook and such. You will still have most of your stuff after doing a factory reset. It takes 5 minutes or less to sign back in to your apps and set up email.

**Aokp ICS with Jellybean bolt-ons**

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Who would like to agree with me..???

I still just love this phone on GB and have no intentions of updating to Ice Cream anytime soon. The question is, why upgrade? You've got great reception

Because I still have the battery life with jb actually its better because in ICS and jb u can control and disable apps which can help battery. Plus the newer apps are being made to compliment the newer versions of android. Those a couple reasons to update

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
With this phone and an awesome battery life. I could care less about all the other added extra features. Who really uses face unlock. Anyway, don't see my upgrading or going to another phone anytime soon.

On my ns4g yeah of course I didn't use face unlock because it didn't work 90% of the time because the quality of the camera but our epic has one of the best cameras out IMHO front and back so yeah I use face unlock a lot more now its secure and fast

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I always return to EL29 for the battery. I want an ICS, or JB rom that does not consume 10% of the battery per hour while sitting face down on my desk. With EL29 yesterday my phone was on 15 1/2 hours, and still had 35% battery last night when I set it on the charger. With ICS, and JB I love the features, but hate charging my phone all day.

ZenkiS14

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Can someone post up a link with info on how to go back to gb?

And also a link with info on reseting, so my ics works? I had to such my phone with gb, and get a new one from sprint, and it came with ics...sucks!

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I always return to EL29 for the battery. I want an ICS, or JB rom that does not consume 10% of the battery per hour while sitting face down on my desk. With EL29 yesterday my phone was on 15 1/2 hours, and still had 35% battery last night when I set it on the charger. With ICS, and JB I love the features, but hate charging my phone all day.

Im on the blu kuban ics rom and with my phone not being used i can go a few hours with only dropping 1-2% battery if the phone is just sitting. Also the trexcell 3800mah battery helps as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11