Amazon app store battery drain?

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
lately, i've been having huge problems with battery drain. one of the (many) culprits is the Amazon app store, which seems to run in the background and suck some serious battery down, unless i force close it.

does anyone else have this problem? anyone have any idea why this is happening?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I use autostarts and eliminate those problems. Sorry I don't know why its happening tho. Do you have an app that needed wifi to download? Or maybe an amazon update?

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

apatamal

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I had MAJOR battery drain issues from amazon app. It was forcing me phone to wake on it's own and send info to amazon. This isn't a huge deal if you have good reception and don't mind that amazon owns you. But I don't always have good reception so it struggles doing it. Amazon app was using up to 30+ % on my battery usage. I said good bye to it and the 70 apps i obtained over the past 7 months. I honestly don't miss it.

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Always run on background, I forced close and use the browser for the daily free app. Only use in he phone if need to download an app. Try not to updates apps from Amazon.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

geekjames

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issues with battery drain. I'd downloaded the WeatherBug app, and apparently, it keeps "phoning home" through the Amazon app store. I got rid of the Amazon app store and any of its downloaded apps and reverted to the Google Play version of WeatherBug. I have good battery life again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21