Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default email notification tone... how to change it?!?

how do I change the email notification tone on ICS, I've looked all over the settings and cannot find it. I'm so sick of the wifes phone ringing like a bycicle, she wants it changed for something more pleasant!

You have to go to your email app of choice and change the ringtone in the settings there, not the system settings. So you'd probably hit the menu button and select 'settings' and there should be a notification tone option. Same with messaging if you would want to change the text message tone as well.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: email notification tone... how to change it?!?

If you're using the stock email app, there is nothing in the app settings that allows a sound change...I hate that damn bell. I've searched every nook of this phone!

Its under account settings when you hit the menu button. Then touch your account, then when the settings menu pops up, select the ringtone under notification settings. Gmail is similar.
    Thanked by:

You select by account, so you can assign different ringtones to multiple email accounts.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WillDaBeast509 View Post
    You have to go to your email app of choice and change the ringtone in the settings there, not the system settings. So you'd probably hit the menu button and select 'settings' and there should be a notification tone option. Same with messaging if you would want to change the text message tone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tabascoman66 View Post
    Its under account settings when you hit the menu button. Then touch your account, then when the settings menu pops up, select the ringtone under notification settings. Gmail is similar.

You select by account, so you can assign different ringtones to multiple email accounts.
    Thank you, thank you both... That one did it. I had actually gone there many times, but the screen is missleading cause when I saw the email acc with a blue check mark at the end, I thought that selecting it would just uncheck the acc and unselect it, so I completely bypassed them not thinking the settings would be there!

At least I'm glad to get rid that annoying bike bell...!!!

U can change it at stock mail client. U need to go at Main settings at e-mail client and settings of ur own mail Account at same e-mail client.

Red face Re: email notification tone... how to change it?!?

Thanks! I too have been looking for that since being forced to update my T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to 4.1.2 in order to fix a few other issues (especially Wi-Fi calling). The bell was very annoying. I have 6 email accounts and now have a different tone for each! Yippee!!!.