So, we are stuck with the ICS fail?

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So that's it? No fix for the ICS update fail and all the problems all of us had or are having if you didn't flash back to el29?
No explanation as to why some phones had issues and other did not? (My phone and my wifes both had bad battery and wifi issues)

No fix? Any word of a fix? Although I am happy to be back to Gingerbread with Zero issues, it would be nice to keep up with the Jonses and have a proper working update.

er99

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
i personally am not optomistic that they are going to give much more attention any time soon. iv'e been browsing the web about this for past couple weeks and the same problems were reported quite some time ago. the fact sprint cant even acknowledge the issue and is pushing out the same damaged product doesn't leave me hopefull we'll get more than minor bandaid attempts at fixing the issues for quite some time.

iv'e kind of resigned myself to accepting my g2 will live with GB for the next year or two till my next phone, which by the way apple and google are handling their customers these days...will most likely be a blackberry.

Last edited:

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I told the Sprint store that this will probably be the last time I purchase a Samsung phone. One thing I know for sure is I will never buy a IPhone for myself. I can't stand Apple and I don't even own a Ipod. Samsung is to blame for this mess. The Sprint store here in Hawaii is taking care of customers who have had issues with the ICS fiasco. I'm fortunate that a new SGII is on order for me. Crosses my fingers I won't be getting a refurbished phone. ;)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's a lot of pessimism... But no, I don't think they're done. They wouldn't be adding this to Boost if they weren't going to support it.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Acks! I did end up with a refurbished phone but it's actually doing okay so far.....it even has ICS on it.....I didn't realize it until I got home with it....Sprint store told me I can back and get GB installed....but seriously it seems to better battery wise....3G/4G speeds are still somewhat slow....i gonna sit and wait to see how things will go for a few days....i hate the wallpaper in ICS cause it doesn't size correctly.....anyone know a fix for this?