1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screenshot help on Sprint Epic 4G

I am trying to take screen shots of an application on my phone to create training for my company. It is not rooted and I don't have the ability to connect it to my computer. When I click the home/power button, the screen goes blank (any time I click the power button the screen goes black).

I tried Screenshot UX but it requres it being rooted
    I tried Schreeshot by Kastor soft and it says it has to be rooted even though the app I thought when I downloadeded it said it wasn't necessary.

Default Re: Screenshot help on Sprint Epic 4G

press power and home at the same time, it takes alittle getting use to but it does work. hold them for about 3 seconds after pushing them at the same time, screen shouldnt go blank.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Screenshot help on Sprint Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by 88cavalierz24 View Post
    press power and home at the same time, it takes alittle getting use to but it does work. hold them for about 3 seconds after pushing them at the same time, screen shouldnt go blank.
    That's only for the GSII with a physical home button. The Sprint version has a soft key. You press and hold volume down, and power at the same time.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    That's only for the GSII with a physical home button. The Sprint version has a soft key. You press and hold volume down, and power at the same time.
    Home and power works just fine on the E4GT. It's how I take screenies all the time. You just have to wait about 3 seconds if you're on ICS. If you're still on GB, then it should be almost instant.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

I think it depends on what build you are on. Its either power and volume down on ICS or power and home on gingerbread. The E4GT has a home key too, its just not the only key and its not a hard button like on the international version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Home+power still works.

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Screenshot help on Sprint Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by carole6m View Post
    Home+power still works.
    Oh , I just tried it and it does. Wow. I don't understand why they did that to a softkey...

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    I think it depends on what build you are on. Its either power and volume down on ICS or power and home on gingerbread. The E4GT has a home key too, its just not the only key and its not a hard button like on the international version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Nope, the home and power buttons together will work on ICS or GB. It's just a little faster on GB.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

NONE of these instr work for me. I've tried them all multiple times. Yes, I held for the full 3 seconds. I'm usually pretty tech savvy. What could I be doing wrong, or does this sometimes just not work?

Global Posts
    1,394 Global Posts

Works fine for me.

I've used the power/volume down buttons on both Nexus S on JB and GS2 on ICS and they've worked. Just be careful you're actually pushing the down button rather than in the middle or up, it won't work that way. Never tried it using the home button.
    If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...

I have the epic that slides. and it just does not work at all. I have the Samsung galaxy epic 4g from sprint(and it slides) and I hold power home and power and volume down but none of it works it just keep ging blank