Screenshot help on Sprint Epic 4G

DLK5588

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to take screen shots of an application on my phone to create training for my company. It is not rooted and I don't have the ability to connect it to my computer. When I click the home/power button, the screen goes blank (any time I click the power button the screen goes black).

I tried Screenshot UX but it requres it being rooted
I tried Schreeshot by Kastor soft and it says it has to be rooted even though the app I thought when I downloadeded it said it wasn't necessary.

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
press power and home at the same time, it takes alittle getting use to but it does work. hold them for about 3 seconds after pushing them at the same time, screen shouldnt go blank.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
press power and home at the same time, it takes alittle getting use to but it does work. hold them for about 3 seconds after pushing them at the same time, screen shouldnt go blank.

That's only for the GSII with a physical home button. The Sprint version has a soft key. You press and hold volume down, and power at the same time.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's only for the GSII with a physical home button. The Sprint version has a soft key. You press and hold volume down, and power at the same time.

Home and power works just fine on the E4GT. It's how I take screenies all the time. You just have to wait about 3 seconds if you're on ICS. If you're still on GB, then it should be almost instant.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on what build you are on. Its either power and volume down on ICS or power and home on gingerbread. The E4GT has a home key too, its just not the only key and its not a hard button like on the international version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on what build you are on. Its either power and volume down on ICS or power and home on gingerbread. The E4GT has a home key too, its just not the only key and its not a hard button like on the international version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nope, the home and power buttons together will work on ICS or GB. It's just a little faster on GB. :)

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
NONE of these instr work for me. I've tried them all multiple times. Yes, I held for the full 3 seconds. I'm usually pretty tech savvy. What could I be doing wrong, or does this sometimes just not work?

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used the power/volume down buttons on both Nexus S on JB and GS2 on ICS and they've worked. Just be careful you're actually pushing the down button rather than in the middle or up, it won't work that way. Never tried it using the home button.

Chris Meributter

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the epic that slides. and it just does not work at all. I have the Samsung galaxy epic 4g from sprint(and it slides) and I hold power home and power and volume down but none of it works it just keep ging blank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol