1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No problems at all with ics

I have to say that since the ice cream sandwich update, my phone has worked great... I wonder if its because my phone isn't rooted and i assume that alot of posters here have rooted their phone

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTONY View Post
    I have to say that since the ice cream sandwich update, my phone has worked great... I wonder if its because my phone isn't rooted and i assume that alot of posters here have rooted their phone
    My phone was not rooted and the ICS update pretty much killed my battery life and killed my 4G.

After some ing to Sprint they sent me a brand new phone.

ICS sucks!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: No problems at all with ics

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is.

If your phone is not having problems, that proves that not every Sprint SGSII is having problems. What it doesn't prove is that no Spring SGSII is having problems.

It's like saying that, since your iPhone 4G isn't having antenna issues, the antenna issues must not exist.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTONY View Post
    My first GSII phone was not rooted.....I did the first update and it killed my phone.....heat issues galore, low battery life and freezing up of the phone was the pits....I got a refurbished phone from Sprint store because of the warranty issue. I gotta say ICS is doing great on second phone with battery life okay and no freezing or heat issues so far.

Stock E4GT updated to ICS using OTA and no issues. But interestingly Sprint never sent my phone the 2nd update/ICS fix.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 (not rooted)

@ SPARTONY

Do you have a lot of apps installed? I've read that most people it went well for either did a factory reset, or didn't have many apps installed at the time of the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Android View Post
    @ SPARTONY

Do you have a lot of apps installed? I've read that most people it went well for either did a factory reset, or didn't have many apps installed at the time of the upgrade.
    I only have 106 apps installed. Moderate to heavy use meaning I use my G2 16 hours on average, with 2500 mah battery. Telephone, music, texts, gps (waze and google map), typing with SwiftKey 3 and google voice, fb and surfing net. End of day typically get 15% battery remaining warning but not always.

Sent from my SPH-D710

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 (not rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by cqpearson View Post
    I only have 106 apps installed.
    Holy craplet! :-)

All kidding aside, I can't imagine needing 106 apps. That said, I'm not knocking you. I'm the one that is out of step. I don't like or need Facebook or any other social apps, text messaging, music on my phone, and no games on my phone or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Android View Post
    Holy craplet! :-)

All kidding aside, I can't imagine needing 106 apps. That said, I'm not knocking you. I'm the one that is out of step. I don't like or need Facebook or any other social apps, text messaging, music on my phone, and no games on my phone or PC.
    Fascinating. I just saw your reply but earlier today I uninstalled fb. Someone posted how heavy fb drains battery even when not in use. Must be true as indicated in pics (more than 6 hours on batt with 73% remaining). Previously I would have been around 55% after 6+ hours.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No problems at all with ics-uploadfromtaptalk1346278878241.jpg  

My experience has been great, I hadn't rooted beforehand. I only have about 50 apps, don't see much difference in battery use, 4g is about the same (sucks), but I think its my area? I like all the new features and looking forward to update in a few days.
    Treo's going back to dark ages, Pre Minus, Motorola Photon, Galaxy S2 and now Galaxy S4 & Asus T700 Tablet
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

according to attack dog app I have 216 apps... Yeah I should cut down that list.. Still no problems.. Occasionally locks up and just wait minute or two with screen off and it restarts itself...done this 4 times... My battery and signal ALOT better than before