1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Default Help! Strange Alarm keeps going off!

Hi all,

I need some help, I'm going crazy trying to figure out why my phone is producing a strange alarm sound at intervals (I haven't measured the intervals but about once an hour).

And it starts after a cold boot.

The sound that is playing is not a sound file that is even in the list of selectable sounds from ringtones or notifications.

I'm beginning to think it's some kind of virus.

I'm trying to collect a log file to post up here so someone might read it and tell me where its coming from.

When I have a good log file I will update this message with it.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

Rob

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Help! Strange Alarm keeps going off!

Check your messaging app to make sure you aren't recieving CMAS weather or emergency alerts. They make a strange sound similar to the emergency alert test sound on your TV. If you are using the stock messaging app they will show up as messages with a red triangle and if you are using a 3rd party messaging app they may not show up or they may be garbled text.

Global Posts
    994 Global Posts

If you haven't found it yet, just text END to 266781.

You will get an acknowledgment.

Also Messaging-->Settings-->Emergency Alerts and turn off alerts you don't want.

I did both.

Every time it rains here in Vegas. We get a bunch of weather alerts and they are usually late.

Anyone know how to turn them off on Cox Cable?
    VegasTom

was having probs with my yahoo mail app so I deleted and re installed it. Upon re installation I noticed a periodic alert/notification but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally I went into my email settings and found it was the culprit.

I bought the HTC One from Verizon the day it came out. On that very day I too started getting a strange alarm on my phone at random intervals. I could not silence the alarm unless I completely turned the phone off. The people at the Verizon store had never heard of this but they promptly exchanged the phone for me. The new phone worked great for a week and now I'm getting the same alarm again! Not sure what to do to get this alarm silenced for good - very annoying!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Swanstrom View Post
    I bought the HTC One from Verizon the day it came out. On that very day I too started getting a strange alarm on my phone at random intervals. I could not silence the alarm unless I completely turned the phone off. The people at the Verizon store had never heard of this but they promptly exchanged the phone for me. The new phone worked great for a week and now I'm getting the same alarm again! Not sure what to do to get this alarm silenced for good - very annoying!
    Is there any alert/notification that appears in the status bar when the alarm is sounded?

For Galaxy s4 go to email settings》general settings》priority sender settings》ring tones》 silent . I HOPE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL.

FAISAL

Quote Originally Posted by FaisalBashirChakanwali View Post
    For Galaxy s4 go to email settings》general settings》priority sender settings》ring tones》 silent . I HOPE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL.

FAISAL

I just saw a video explaining nfc and the same sound went off. I have a phone wallet and a bank card with an nfc chip. .. I think it could be the phone trying to connect to it!!!

It is nfc. I disabled it sound went away I tyrned it back sound cames back. I took a nfc tag of mine and tapped it and alarm went away for a min but came back. I tapped it again and this time it has not came back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app