09-10-2012 08:00 AM
- My GSII has developed a nasty habit lately; it has taken to turning itself off, about once a day. After I restart the phone manually, I notice it takes a big drop in battery life. (See the rightmost edge of attachment.)
After the initial ICS update, I was seeing this happen multiple times an hour, then rooted to EL29 and saw the restarts happen less frequently. I'm now on the newest ICS update (and unrooted) and I'm experiencing the restarts about one time each day, on average.
I performed a factory reset and cleared my cache just after I updated; I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing a similar problem or has any advice to troubleshoot here. Other than that, I'm thinking I may need to head to the Sprint store.08-30-2012 03:00 PM
- ZharaQueendroidThis happened to me yesterday at work. I was at about 60% then felt my phone vibrate so pulled it out to check as I thought it was a message. It had rebooted itself and dropped to 19% :sly:
It's the only time it's happened so far. I'm on the FH13 leak, not the OTA, fwiw.
Sent from my Epic 4G Touch08-30-2012 07:26 PM
- this has been happening to my phone for awhile now, ever since very first gingerbread update. It's been happening more frequently now days so I took my phone to sprint and they determined that it was my battery so they ordered me a new one. We'll see if the new battery fixes this issue.08-30-2012 10:33 PM
- Hmm... Good to see I'm not alone, but not so great that it seems to be a common solution with no answer.
I've got an extra battery, in fact -- I'll try installing that and see if it makes any difference. Keep the posts about the forced restarts coming! The more people sharing this experience the better our chances of getting an answer, I'd think.08-30-2012 10:45 PM
- It happens to me occasionally.I am running rooted FF18. Battery life is decent, but I am also using battery defender app. (I also have a 3200mah battery) Without app on:24-28hours before I feel I should charge, With app on: I can go two solid days. When CM10 comes out, I am installing it.08-31-2012 06:38 AM
- 09-01-2012 11:48 PM
- Update from the OP: I popped in a new battery on Friday, charged it, and haven't experienced the random shut-downs over the weekend. Hopefully this will continue throughout the work week (when Exchange sync, commute usage, and varied Wifi/3G connections make for a bigger strain on the phone.)09-03-2012 09:28 AM
- Oh so if you can spin it, change it. Even its flat and spins, I should change it? Cause I am having this issue too. Battery can be at 70% and then shuts off and actually goes to 0% on mine. Once I plug in the charger it will sometimes go back to the original 70% or lower. I wonder if my charger is the culprit at all its a microusb but it was for my blackberry cause the charger for the Epic 4G Touch is just the USB with the AC adapter on it.
I just ordered a new OEM Samsung battery from an Amazon vendor for $12 (shipped). Here's a link.09-03-2012 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD