Is Titanium Backup Enough?

nim6us

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone rooted, and put CWM on there, all ready to switch my ROM over to something new. However I've put it off for fear of loosing all my apps and settings. Now with the new FH13 leak I think I'm wanting to give it a shot. Anyways, really simple question. Is Titanium Backup all I need, I mean if I do a full backup, do I need some other program to backup other items, or is Titanium enough?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone rooted, and put CWM on there, all ready to switch my ROM over to something new. However I've put it off for fear of loosing all my apps and settings. Now with the new FH13 leak I think I'm wanting to give it a shot. Anyways, really simple question. Is Titanium Backup all I need, I mean if I do a full backup, do I need some other program to backup other items, or is Titanium enough?

If you have CWM, you can make a complete back up, this is similar to making an image when doing a back up on a pc. Titanium helps when you have to wipe all user data so you can easily restore your apps without losing all your data. It is recommend that you use both each time you flash something new just in case. However, you probably don't need to make any wipes or restory if you are going from ICS to ICS. If you do encounter any issues, just return to CWM restore your backup, wipe everything, reflash, then restore your apps via titanium.

abi79

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I actually use an App that doesn't require rooting and yet does that job , it's called " G Cloud Backup " . It backed up all my contacts, call logs, SmS, pics/ vids and I just had to select what I want to backup and what not. So yeah I guess that would be my recommendation for you...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
To backup sms use: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pRestore&feature=search_result&token=PvmTZl9O

To backup call log use: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...NhbGxMb2dCYWNrdXBSZXN0b3JlIl0.&token=blz0G-Qt

You will need to re-download the two apps above to reinstall the text and call logs after flashing the new ROM. There are reports that reinstalling app data on ICS can make for some weird problems with the device (reboots, force closes, etc.)

Titanium Backup will backup SMS, MMS, and Call Logs. They are listed in both the "Backup data to XML" and the "Backup/Restore" sections.