1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voltage To High

I'm running Culk's Tweaked ICS ROM and suddenly I'm getting a message that Charging has paused. Voltage too high.

Anyone know what is going on? Battery is draining like crazy now.

Please help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Voltage To High

Charging port dying. Need a replacement phone. A Sprint ReadyNow tech said it's a defect in the phones and he has people coming in for that like every week.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks so much.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Voltage To High

Why is it that for me this only occurs while charging in the car. Doesnt happen on home chargers. Is this still a charging port issue?

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: Voltage To High

Is the car charger newer or older than the home charger?

The car charger is newer. As far as home chargers, I use a few different kind, old and new and none do this. Only car charger which Im beginning to think might have something to do with car battery, not charger.

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The voltage listed on the charger might be too high for the phone. Samsung official?

Careful with generic chargers they said have a chip but not all the chips works with every phone voltage requirements. Buy he original it will charge as fast as a wall charger. The same happens if use an older charger. Remember the new batteries use more voltage and have more capacity than the older ones.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

I get the same error message and my battery life is ridiculously bad since I've been getting the error. It started when I got a new car and for me it only happens when I'm charging with the car charger too except ONE time when I was borrowing a charger b/c my battery life was completely drained by 2pm and I HAVE to use it for work. The ATT&T Device Service center has replaced the Battery, SIM and then finally the phone. I thought it was a problem with my new car until I saw this thread. I also purchase a new charger through AT&T store to no avail. Help! I have NO battery life anymore! this phone is almost unusable to me.

ROM
    Stock

Got this error yesterday on a Samsung charger, the one that came with the phone. Batt life awful for the past 2 days or so. Error went away when I tried a different charger, and when I tried the same Samsung charger in a different outlet. Is this covered under a warranty? I don't have a Sprint protection plan...