Voltage To High

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Culk's Tweaked ICS ROM and suddenly I'm getting a message that Charging has paused. Voltage too high.

Anyone know what is going on? Battery is draining like crazy now. :(

Please help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Charging port dying. Need a replacement phone. A Sprint ReadyNow tech said it's a defect in the phones and he has people coming in for that like every week.

rozpanthir

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The car charger is newer. As far as home chargers, I use a few different kind, old and new and none do this. Only car charger which Im beginning to think might have something to do with car battery, not charger.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The voltage listed on the charger might be too high for the phone. Samsung official?

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Careful with generic chargers they said have a chip but not all the chips works with every phone voltage requirements. Buy he original it will charge as fast as a wall charger. The same happens if use an older charger. Remember the new batteries use more voltage and have more capacity than the older ones.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

Riverrite

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I get the same error message and my battery life is ridiculously bad since I've been getting the error. It started when I got a new car and for me it only happens when I'm charging with the car charger too except ONE time when I was borrowing a charger b/c my battery life was completely drained by 2pm and I HAVE to use it for work. The ATT&T Device Service center has replaced the Battery, SIM and then finally the phone. I thought it was a problem with my new car until I saw this thread. I also purchase a new charger through AT&T store to no avail. Help! I have NO battery life anymore! this phone is almost unusable to me.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Got this error yesterday on a Samsung charger, the one that came with the phone. Batt life awful for the past 2 days or so. Error went away when I tried a different charger, and when I tried the same Samsung charger in a different outlet. Is this covered under a warranty? I don't have a Sprint protection plan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol