Do the radios just suck in this thing?

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I always had touble keeping a lock on my GPS (after 4-9 miles, it always loses the lock, which was a bad lock to begin with).

This last weekend, I did a road trip with my friend who had an EVO LTE and it had 4-5 bars when I constantly had 1-2 or he had service when I had NONE. Both on Sprint. Eff this phone.

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I always had touble keeping a lock on my GPS (after 4-9 miles, it always loses the lock, which was a bad lock to begin with).

This last weekend, I did a road trip with my friend who had an EVO LTE and it had 4-5 bars when I constantly had 1-2 or he had service when I had NONE. Both on Sprint. Eff this phone.

My experience is the same as yours. My signal is not as good as my previous phone.

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Even on CM roms I have to backup and flash back to stock, update my PRL, profile, and get a GPS lock, then restore. It's kinda like scheduled maintenance every 3 months or so.

GamingPhreek is working on a permanent fix over on XDA. There's some good ideas there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1853671

[DEV] Lets fix the GPS once and for all
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
it seems on my phone, unless I have the 4G turned ON, I get no service... even in downtown Sacramento and in San Francisco...

nomunk

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
the radio in the Epic 4G Touch is by far the worst radio I have ever had in a phone, my phone spends most of the time roaming and dropping calls, I can't wait until my contract is up, im leaving faster than a convict on their 3rd strike running from the police

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt