tethering / hotspot after FH13 ICS update

jlehrer100

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Friends,

Is there any tethering or hotspot app that works with the Sprint Galaxy S II running FH13 ICS update?

I used Foxfi (occasionally) until the ICS update; and I formerly had used Klink, but I can't get it to work, despite a great effort by the developer to help.

Suggestions?

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I too used FoxFi before ICS, bummed they're still locked out. I've used Tether in the past with my Blackberries (used the trial this past weekend when out of town on EP4G) but not wireless and costs around $30 (good for life if you stick with Android...cannot transfer between different platforms).

thedon8253

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Try svtp. I used the trial version for a while. It works on sprint. It's wireless and USB tether.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
because of the foxfi block I've refused to update.. even tho I'm tired of the update notification popping up I'll continue to decline until there's a work around

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to cphil99, I just installed android-wifi-tether on my SG2E4GT (aka the phone with the longest name in the world) and tried it with my S2 Tab 7 plus.

It isn't as fast as I remember foxfi being, but it works. I had tried PDANet with bluetooth, but Netflix wouldn't recognize the connection.
My fallback plan is my wife's S1 Epic running foxfi under Gingerbread. Maybe she'll let me try it tonight.

I really need something when we're on the road or camping. Withdrawal is NOT an option.