Samsung confirms Jelly Bean on S2

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It's probably only for the international version. I hope we get it on Sprint as well, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for it.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I would reread that article a little closer... especially this line.
and the update will also allow GS2 users to ?Beam? with other phones by simply touching another NFC compatible phone
As far as I know... No GS2 has NFC support natively. I've seen/read that there are batteries that have NFC support, not sure if the GS2 has ever seen one though.
It's probably only for the international version. I hope we get it on Sprint as well, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for it.
To true... To true, but after everything I've read in the forums about the ICS update that Sprint screwed up... Do you want them to???

NIce, but I don't trust their updates. Gonna root with CM once it is a daily driver.
Gonna Wait!!!!!! For what??? I've been running CM10 since Alfa3 on my ET4G... It's freaking AMAZING!!!!
I haven't had a single issue with it yet... wouldn't give it up for any other rom out there. Everything works as it should if not even better than it should.
Battery life is good to... Not as good as with CM9 but I still get 15 to 16 hours off of a full charge.

And I've been running CM10 on my Gtab10.1 for almost 2 months now... Same thing... Smooth as butter!!!! Sure the camera's don't work but for me that's just fine. I've only taken 3 pictures with my Tab in the last year and they where all off my feet!?!?!? ;)

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The international S2 has NFC. And my phone worked perfectly fine on ff18 and fh13 and there are several other leaks out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I would reread that article a little closer... especially this line.

As far as I know... No GS2 has NFC support natively. I've seen/read that there are batteries that have NFC support, not sure if the GS2 has ever seen one though.

To true... To true, but after everything I've read in the forums about the ICS update that Sprint screwed up... Do you want them to???

Gonna Wait!!!!!! For what??? I've been running CM10 since Alfa3 on my ET4G... It's freaking AMAZING!!!!
I haven't had a single issue with it yet... wouldn't give it up for any other rom out there. Everything works as it should if not even better than it should.
Battery life is good to... Not as good as with CM9 but I still get 15 to 16 hours off of a full charge.

And I've been running CM10 on my Gtab10.1 for almost 2 months now... Same thing... Smooth as butter!!!! Sure the camera's don't work but for me that's just fine. I've only taken 3 pictures with my Tab in the last year and they where all off my feet!?!?!? ;)

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

SouthPhilly,

Can you or anyone post the links and instructions on how to install CM10 cause honestly it seems to me that ever since the GS3 came out our phone has been pretty much tossed aside and i barely see any news regarding this phone.

Thanks sorry for asking.

E

JamesBond007

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you or anyone post the links and instructions on how to install CM10 cause honestly it seems to me that ever since the GS3 came out our phone has been pretty much tossed aside and i barely see any news regarding this phone.

It's a bit of a process. You need to download the ROM and gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip from here:

[ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch - xda-developers

You either want Alpha 5.3 or the latest nightly (I'm running 5.2 and waiting for the next alpha release to update).

Once you have that, you need to download and use the tool Odin to revert your phone back to a kernel that's safe for flashing since the Samsung ICS ROMs have a bug that can cause your phone to hard-brick (ie become useless). Here is a video w/ instructions on how to do that: [ROM][CM9][AOKP] Temporary Stock E4GT from emmc - xda-developers

Once you're on the EL29 Samsung ROM, turn on the GPS and get a fix while in Google Maps. Once you have a fix, reboot the phone and it should go into Clockwork Mod custom recovery. From there you can follow the instructions in the original post (OP) on Xda Net for CM10 and wipe and flash CM10.

Good luck! This was the first ROM I flashed on my phone and I'm glad I finally took the leap of faith and gave it a try. I've been using it as my daily driver for a few weeks now, and for the most part it rocks!

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a bit of a process. You need to download the ROM and gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip from here:

[ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch - xda-developers

You either want Alpha 5.3 or the latest nightly (I'm running 5.2 and waiting for the next alpha release to update).

Once you have that, you need to download and use the tool Odin to revert your phone back to a kernel that's safe for flashing since the Samsung ICS ROMs have a bug that can cause your phone to hard-brick (ie become useless). Here is a video w/ instructions on how to do that: [ROM][CM9][AOKP] Temporary Stock E4GT from emmc - xda-developers

Once you're on the EL29 Samsung ROM, turn on the GPS and get a fix while in Google Maps. Once you have a fix, reboot the phone and it should go into Clockwork Mod custom recovery. From there you can follow the instructions in the original post (OP) on Xda Net for CM10 and wipe and flash CM10.

Good luck! This was the first ROM I flashed on my phone and I'm glad I finally took the leap of faith and gave it a try. I've been using it as my daily driver for a few weeks now, and for the most part it rocks!

Odining to EL29 isn't necessary. Just as long as it's a safe recovery. I flashed from FF18. EL29 is said to be safer, but is only really necessary if you know for a fact that you have GPS problems and absolutely need GPS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure xda has safe kernels for ics to flash anything on but I could be wrong I'm on cm9 beta, I'm not to up on the jelly bean builds. There is 4 jb roms on xda for our phone not sure which is the best it seems to very from person to person. One of them is the rom here. Qbking77 has a video for at least one build on how to install the rom on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2