Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KEYBOARDS

Ok so im looking for a really nice keyboard to download....any suggestions??

Default Re: KEYBOARDS

SwiftKey 3 is my favorite Android keyboard by far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
    XxNitr0xX and planase like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post

I actually agree. I had SwiftKey on my HTC inspire 4G and had to have it on my sg3

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

I like Swiftkey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iCrank View Post
    I actually agree. I had SwiftKey on my HTC inspire 4G and had to have it on my sg3

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    This. I have found no better keyboard for Android than Swiftkey. Well worth whatever it is they are charging for it these days. I was huge on the Swype for a longtime, then Swiftkey came around, and I never looked back. Plus, with each new iteration, it just gets better and better.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Yep it is hands down, without a doubt, no contest whatsoever, SwiftKey.

**Aokp ICS with Jellybean bolt-ons**

SwiftKey all the way.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

I prefer a.I. type

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

SwiftKey 3. It learns the words you use and becomes great at predicting text. Key size is large enough to avoid misstrokes. Also efficient with Google Voice meaning it understands a variety of languages with few errors going from voice to text.

SWYPE... Go signup and get beta...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Samsmalls View Post
    SWYPE... Go signup and get beta...
    My fone came with swype.......yeah I need a change

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    bigstrapin1 likes this.

Swiftkey 3 is magical. It's crazy how well it fixes stuff when typing fast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I use Perfect Keyboard Pro. It is highly recommended and is very easy to customize.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    This. I have found no better keyboard for Android than Swiftkey. Well worth whatever it is they are charging for it these days. I was huge on the Swype for a longtime, then Swiftkey came around, and I never looked back. Plus, with each new iteration, it just gets better and better.
    Totally agree with you and everyone above... hands down the best keyboard available. I have been using it for over a year now on my Gtab10.1 and my GS2 for the last month and love it just as much on the phone as I do on my tablet.

It's just a bit rough on JB, don't think it's fully optimized for it yet... But still the best for your money.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Rooted EL29

Swype beta is good, and free too. Its also better than the version that comes stock, in my opinion

Swift key 3
    Absolutely amazing!

What they said...

Another vote for SwiftKey 3. It's no contest for me. Here are two tips that really put it over the top:

Set the long press delay to around 200 ms. You will rarely have to go to the second screen for numbers and symbols anymore.

Swipe to the left across the keyboard to erase entire words.

I type faster and more accurately on SwiftKey than on my computer keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPhilly View Post

It's just a bit rough on JB, don't think it's fully optimized for it yet... But still the best for your money.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)
    What kind of issues were you having on JB? I've had no problems whatsoever while running either Paranoid Android or my more recent venture, AOKP (CM10 based versions of course).

Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

What kind of issues were you having on JB? I've had no problems whatsoever while running either Paranoid Android or my more recent venture, AOKP (CM10 based versions of course).

Hey Jay... I've been running PA for awhile now on both my GT10.1 and ET4g and still am. The issue I've had is that sometimes SwiftKey seams to lag really bad and once in awhile the preemptive bar on the top just doesn't show up but only on my GT10.1. It feels like it needs to just warm up or something. But 90% of the time it runs just fine.

Sorry it took so long to reply... work and real life get in the way of quite time if you know what I mean. :sly:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

The two primary players in this space are SwiftKey and Swype. Until recently, the one you chose was based on whether you wanted to continue with "traditional typing" with the added benefit of an amazing auto-correct and prediction engine... which is SwiftKey ---- Or, opt for the newer, un-traditional, yet very effective input method of gliding around the keyboard with constant contact and ease... which is Swype.

However, the recent game-changer for me was the introduction of SwiftKey Flow, which is currently in beta and freely available to download and try out. SwiftKey Flow retains the immense benefits already established by its current version, while now adding almost all the capabilities of Swype's gliding input. I now find myself working with both types of input, depending on the situation. For longer, two-handed messages, I prefer traditional typing and prediction, but for quick searches and one-handed texting, "Flow" gliding input is awesome.

In my opinion... SwiftKey Flow truly offers you "The Best of Both Worlds"! --- Give it a shot and good luck!

My vibrate on key press isn't working on Swype. The option its greyed out any ideas?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    My vibrate on key press isn't working on Swype. The option its greyed out any ideas?
    Topgonzo... I believe I have the solution to your issue. If you currently have "Vibrate On Screen Tap" general option turned off in the Android SOUND menu, the Vibrate option will not be accessible within the Swype menu. Go to SYSTEM SETTINGS > SOUND > VIBRATE ON SCREEN TAP (Final Menu Item) and make sure that option is Checked/Turned On. Once that's done, the "Vibrate On Screen Press" option should now be accessible in the Swype preference menu.

I hope this info helps solve your problem. Let me know if it works. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Topgonzo... I believe I have the solution to your issue. If you currently have "Vibrate On Screen Tap" general option turned off in the Android SOUND menu, the Vibrate option will not be accessible within the Swype menu. Go to SYSTEM SETTINGS > SOUND > VIBRATE ON SCREEN TAP (Final Menu Item) and make sure that option is Checked/Turned On. Once that's done, the "Vibrate On Screen Press" option should now be accessible in the Swype preference menu.

I hope this info helps solve your problem. Let me know if it works. Good Luck!
    Thank you. I tried this but that option is still grayed out.. See photo below.. I'm wondering that if im using a custom launcher like nova if that may be a reason that I can't select it..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KEYBOARDS-uploadfromtaptalk1359574051891.jpg  

If im using nova does that mean since I'm not using HTC sense that I may not be able to use the Vibrate On keyboard?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KEYBOARDS-uploadfromtaptalk1359574505296.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast