Built in photo crop utility adding too much jpeg compression...?

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I usually do any post processing on a computer using Photoshop. Sometimes all I want is to crop an image And I figured the built in crop utility would be handy until I realized the cropped image it saves uses a very very aggresive amount jpeg compression. I am positive hat I am not just seeing artifacts based on cropping into a smaller region of a larg image (thus making more apparent compression artifacts that we already there.). I dug around a little and cold not find any setting to control his.. It kind of stinks because he compression is so much hat it really ruins an image that was otherwise very presentable. Any reccomendations?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Try Quickpic, which is a great free gallery App you can download from the Play Store that has basic photo editing functions like cropping. Maybe it'll work better for you.

Holly Styles

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I could only find one app that crops lossless and that's "Photo Crop" in Play Store.

It's a terrible interface (cosmetically) but it does the job. You get rotation and cropping of photos on the phone, if you try and open photos from cloud accounts it tends to crash.