1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default False battery drain...

Twice now, my phone is running fine, with about 30-50% battery life left, when all of a sudden, it shut off. When I power it back up, it say I have 0-3% left, and it will stay on for only a few seconds, then powers off again. I then have to either remove the battery or plug it in. Then it will power back you and show that I actually have the 30-50% left.

Anyone else experience this?

Default Re: False battery drain...

Yep, happens to me every now and then. It is one of the "features" Sprint / Samsung gave us with the ICS update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like it could be a bad battery.

---------- Post Merged at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Sounds like it could be a bad battery.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have the exact issue that you're having.

As far as the phone turning off I would check for a bulging battery. Take it out and sprint it on a flat surface on the flat side. Filp it and spin it on the other side. If it spins like a top then its a bad battery. Also does it wiggle in the phone? Is the back hard to put on? All these are signs of a bad battery. If when you turn it on its really low and then a reboot fixes it its either a bad battery it its just the ics software. Even with a good battery it will do this. Usually its only 10 or 20% tho.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

This happened to me. Turns out my battery was at its end of life. I bought a new OEM battery on Amazon for ten bucks and now my phone works fine. Completely eliminates the problem you are having.

It didn't happen after the upgrade, things were great, it just started happening to me all of a sudden. The thing is, it only happens when I open up Chrome.

After about a minute or two, I get a black screen and the sign off music. When I reboot, it has the correct battery life %.

Guessing it was a bad Chrome update last week or some other app conflict because all was great.

It sounds like a bad battery. Take it out, lay it flat, and then spin it. If it spins around like a top, it needs to be replaced.
    Thanked by:
    rtd13 
    xtn

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts

Yes I experienced exactly the same behavior. A new battery fixed it.

xtn
    Thanked by:
    rtd13 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, the battery spins. Ordered a new one from Amazon as well...

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Good call on the battery. I took mine out and it spun like a top. I also rooted and went back to El29 Gingerbread and the first day I was back to 15 plus hrs on this crappy battery. New battery will be here today.

Thanks to you, guys! Spent over 2 months having very similar problems, without managing to troubleshoot the issue (I thought it was software-related). I followed this lead as the last resort before changing the handset. Turns out it was the battery. THANKS A LOT.