Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Context menu's activate on their own

Quote Originally Posted by siniglesias View Post
    Hi everyone, I had the same problem in the past. There is a setting (at least in the ROM I'm using aokp build4) that allows you to adjust screen sensitivity. I set it at 100 % I haven't seen the problem since. Somebody give that a try let me know if I just got lucky or if it helps your problem too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for the tip. I just changed mine to 100 in CM9 (the default is 50) and I'll see if I get phantom menu presses. It's hard for me to test though, because the problem doesn't present itself for me all that often, which is why it's never been a major deal for me personally. I don't know if there is even an option to change this setting in the stock Touchwiz ROM though. I don't remember seeing it anywhere anyways. Can anyone confirm if this setting is there somewhere?
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

I can't find a Screen Sensitivity setting in the stock ROM. Can anyone else find it?

My s2 does this alot, took to sprint month ago, tech said connector for screen, tech cleaned and reconnected screen, no probs for two weeks, started again, last nite i pulled the screws from phone and barelly pulled screen out, the phantoms have not ben back sense, i even tried to cause them with the poor signal when they would do it alot. Any help, i think maybe a bit closer to the cause?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think times_infinity is right about what's happening in this thread: .

It happens to my phone a lot and has never happened to my husband's. My phone has had worse signal issues than his since the day we got them, even when we were both running the same stock rom with the same modem. He gets good signal while I'm roaming half the friggin time. Dunno if it matters or why it would, but I got the white one and he got the black one, fwiw.

Sent from my SPH-D710

same here, my husband has the black-no issues. i have the white-i am about to throw my phone at my wall.

Completely ignorant on the rooting, ROM, etc. Just a regular-jane user. Can you explain how to make that change that worked for you or could you point me to a site that would show the proper way to do so? Appreciate it!

was anyone able to give you an answer? if so, can you let me know please?

It's RF interference from the 3G antenna, which is right next to the touchkey chip inside the phone and transmits with more power and more interference when the signal gets weak (and with newer modems/radios). Surgery with a soldering iron and capacitors required to fix Samsung's mistake, but some kernels include a patch to hide the issue.
    I wonder if the white cases absorb less of the RF into the case than the black ones, accounting for more issues with white Fascinates?
    Thanked by:

Just a quick question - have people found that replacing the phone works? I'm still within the 30-day trial period, and can easily replace the phone for a brand-new phone of the same model. The gentleman that I spoke with on customer service said that they would test the new phone for the problem I described prior to sending it to me.

Boost user here, my Epic 4G Touch geeks out also (Sprint/Samsung got us with this problem too). This topic is heavily covered on a couple forums. I rooted & gave FK23 (the Sprint ROM leak of Jelly Bean) a try hoping it might help but that was a no go.. But the ROM rocks lol... Looks like if you don't solder tiny connections for a living or fun the only mass available option is to have your screen replaced ( some have luck with that fix, some don't ) I'm still looking for an easy fix myself, that does not involve shutting off he menu button or sending my phone off for a repair. Sprint got a reputation for denying the problem & blaming the customer for the issue from all I have read ie you bring your phone in - they have a look at it - it seems fine to them because your at a sprint store so naturally its a high signal area - case closed you must have caused the problem... sorry for rambling..

Thanks for letting me know that Jelly Bean will not fix the issue with the menu screen... If the hardware issue in the link applies to the Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II model SPH-D710), then I guess I will have to crack open my phone and install a couple capacitors. Lucky for me, I have the skills and access to the equipment required for such delicate work.

Sprint/Samsung has a fix. Refer to ; they apparently beefed up a shield between the G3 antenna and the touchscreen circuitry. I have a refurbished phone with the fix in, and I have gone three days with nary a flutter.

Considering that I work inside a metal building and my phone has to work overtime to contact the nearest tower, I was continually suffering from the menu popup issue. I will continue to abuse this phone for the rest of the weekend, but I am confident in calling this fix good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12