Bricked Samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch ???

Amore514

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
HELP!!! My brother heard me talking about rooting my phone and installing cool ROM?s so he gave it a shot.. He has a Samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch, he loaded some ICS rom that does not have WiFi working, it also does not have USB working? He also didn?t load any recovery making it hard to bring it back to stock.
So I have a Samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch with some weird ICS rom, the Wifi does not work, no SDCard access, it has NO USB support.. it does have Bluetooth working so I have been able to move files to it but the rom he installed is not rooted and I can?t install a recovery app?

I can boot into download mode but with no USB support oden will not see the phone 

Any advice on how to root the phone or get a recovery app installed from the phone?

I can boot into the default recovery and I have the option to ?Apply Update.zip from external storage? but the phone will not see an SD card, I also have an option to ?apply update.zip from cache? then I see a lost+fount and recovery directory but I don?t know how to get my update.zip to this folder?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!! My brother heard me talking about rooting my phone and installing cool ROM?s so he gave it a shot.. He has a Samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch, he loaded some ICS rom that does not have WiFi working, it also does not have USB working? He also didn?t load any recovery making it hard to bring it back to stock.
So I have a Samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch with some weird ICS rom, the Wifi does not work, no SDCard access, it has NO USB support.. it does have Bluetooth working so I have been able to move files to it but the rom he installed is not rooted and I can?t install a recovery app?

I can boot into download mode but with no USB support oden will not see the phone 

Any advice on how to root the phone or get a recovery app installed from the phone?

I can boot into the default recovery and I have the option to ?Apply Update.zip from external storage? but the phone will not see an SD card, I also have an option to ?apply update.zip from cache? then I see a lost+fount and recovery directory but I don?t know how to get my update.zip to this folder?

Well I'm somewhat new to rooting as well but my only guess would be installing rom manager and just installing cm10 from there, at least you would have a stable phone. I don't see you getting back to stock ics anytime soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
We're going to need to know a couple things.

1) What did your brother flash? A link to the file would be helpful.

2) Does your brother's phone boot into download mode and if so, does Odin detect it? You'll know if it connected to Odin successfully if a yellow box pops up with a COM number on the Odin screen.

Based on the symptoms you described, my bet is he flashed something for the wrong phone... probably the International SGSII, and if that's the case, the bootloader is borked and only JTAG service can get it working again.

Let me know on the two things above though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I totally overlooked your saying "brother" when I referred to your friend. I fixed it in my reply.

Well, it could help if you can pull up the About phone screen and tell me what it says for Build version and Kernel version.

Again, I suspect that he flashed an ICS ROM for the i9100, which is the International Galaxy S2. The symptoms you describe are exactly what has happened to others who have done this. Your options are to try to get an insurance replacement through Sprint, or send it in for JTAG service. Here's a place that I know of that can probably get his phone working again for 50 bucks: Samsung Epic 4G Touch JTAG Brick Repair - MobileTechVideos.COM