voice and data call while on 4g thought this was not possible on sprint cdma network

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
hello all wow thats all I can say. all these readings show no voice and data call over sprints cdma network on any phone. so I did some research call sprint yes I know crazy right they said yes on 4g, then I went into a sprint store again crazy right how come sprint does not seem to really know anything about their phones crazy right! anyway the store said no. So I tested it I made sure I was on spring 4g network. my wifi off I placed a call told the person to keep talking, I pressed on my internet icon on my phone and guess what it worked a voice and data call over the sprint network while on 4g. my question is why is this not toted by sprint like it is by att? and why does sprint techs do not have a strong definitive answer I mean come on this is a easy test! anyway just wanted to spread the word and see if others have same result. pulling my hair out grrrrrrr and guess what I'm bald!

test it out folks remember turn of wifi! make sure u r getting 4g.
my 4g phone sprint phone, samsung galaxy s2 4g.

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
4g is data cdma is doing the voice, so if you arent on 4g and 3g it wont happen. Why advertise something so few of the population can actually use?

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
4g is data cdma is doing the voice, so if you arent on 4g and 3g it wont happen. Why advertise something so few of the population can actually use?
lol, because for those who can now know they can, if you call sprint or go into a sprint store they will tell you different its a shame not even they know and no one took the time to test it

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
but you can do it on wifi too, so why not advertise that? More people have access to wifi then 4g that should be a large selling point......

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's only possible when connected to 4G or Wifi as already stated. It wouldn't make much sense, from a marketing standpoint imo, for Sprint to market this when it doesn't really work for everyone. AT&T has always had data and voice simultaneously because they were able to separate the two. As Sprint starts to move most of their user base to 4G device we'll probably see advertisements aimed at this feature.

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
wow thought this news would have been taken better sorry u guys dont have 4g, I'm about to post about voice over wifi calls. I tested that out that is so cool. I disabled the sprint network then turned back on wifi, started up google voice/ u will need a google voice number. then used a app called groove ip. then called out, the google number shows on the other side, the person called me back went to my google voice v/m. I'll test out why it does not ring the phone.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I never realized people didn't know about this. But I'm in one of the original test markets so I guess it never dawned on me that others outside my city couldn't do this.