Back to Gingerbread again!

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well after resetting my wifes phone back to Gingerbread before due to bad battery life and broken Wifi where it would say its connected but it would stop all data,
She had to reboot her phone today. Well the you have an upgrade screen came on the screen and she sliped it in her pocket inadvertently hit the upgrade button. Now she is on ICS. So The next upgrade came thru the F18..Si I tried that. And now original problems are back.Broken wifi after it sits for a while. Turn off wifi and back on and a stream of messages and mail come in and internet is restored. This is really crap. And no, a factory reset does not help, tried it before. FML!

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well after resetting my wifes phone back to Gingerbread before due to bad battery life and broken Wifi where it would say its connected but it would stop all data,
She had to reboot her phone today. Well the you have an upgrade screen came on the screen and she sliped it in her pocket inadvertently hit the upgrade button. Now she is on ICS. So The next upgrade came thru the F18..Si I tried that. And now original problems are back.Broken wifi after it sits for a while. Turn off wifi and back on and a stream of messages and mail come in and internet is restored. This is really crap. And no, a factory reset does not help, tried it before. FML!

Take the phone back to a sprint store.....if you have insurance they'll order another ph for you...but it'll be a refurbished one....i had issues from the original update and got it downgraded back to GB.....then like your wife I accidentally hit update....ph then began to freeze up to the point i had to remove the battery......sprint store tech ordered me another ph....refurb one had ICS on it already and then I downloaded FH13 from samsung website.....phone is much better with no issues....i did do a reset after installing FH13....you can try updating to FH13 then do a reset.....if that don't work then take the ph back to sprint store....i had no problems with the sprint store here in Honolulu, Hawaii. Just my 2 cents!

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Just used Odin and re flashed el29.
Contacts and email synched and easy to reinstall apps. But I wish that damn update would stop. We dont want it Sprint!!!

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
once i got back on GB, i would get those update requests all the time. Then i read on here to select 'more details' on the upgrade request box, then pull the battery. It has been at least a month since i did this and i do not get any of those pesky upgrade requests anymore.