Power noise

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone connected to my aux input in my car. Works great. However, if I plug in the car charger, there is a loud hum coming though the car speakers. I have tried a different charger but the same results.

Has anyone run into this before? Wondering if there is a filter is could get to eliminate the noise. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Is your stereo grounded correctly? I have no problems using mine. Hooked up to my eclipse with one of the newer pioneer radios. Also check your ground where your cigarette lighter hook up is. Wish I knew more to help you.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there any hum when just using the cat charger and not hooking it up through auxillary?

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Is your stereo grounded correctly? I have no problems using mine. Hooked up to my eclipse with one of the newer pioneer radios. Also check your ground where your cigarette lighter hook up is. Wish I knew more to help you.

Thanks for the reply. I assume it is grounded correctly, it is the factory radio in the car. How would I check the ground?

No, if I don't have a cable plugged into my phone, I don't hear the hum.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone connected to my aux input in my car. Works great. However, if I plug in the car charger, there is a loud hum coming though the car speakers. I have tried a different charger but the same results.

Has anyone run into this before? Wondering if there is a filter is could get to eliminate the noise. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for bringing this up... I have the exact same issue... cant figure out the solution.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It may be your auxillary cord. Although if two of you have the problem then its likely interference. You would need a filter between your phone and the unit. I have never needed it so I couldn't tell you which one. Goodluck guys

anon(854666)

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Aux noise

It could be that the radio input is a "floating" ground, which means that it is the ground in the radio circuitry but not connected to the car's ground. Is it actually a hum or is it a whine that varies in pitch with the engine speed?