Current Build #?

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What is the most current build number for the SGS2 E4GT?

Looking through my phone it says

Build: IMM761.F103

For some reason I didn't think this was right?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The version on your phone, FI03, is the most recent leaked build that would have to be flashed manually to a phone. The most recent official build is FH13.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... I just bought the phone about 1 month ago. The man I bought it from only had it for about 1 month (saw the Spint Store receipt) and talking to him I higly doubt he knew anything about rooting / flashing.... But then again, who knows :)

Any way, does having F103 make it any better or worse than having FH13?

If so, how do I go about getting FH13 on my phone? (I have never rooted / flashed any phone before).

The version on your phone, FI03, is the most recent leaked build that would have to be flashed manually to a phone. The most recent official build is FH13.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, FI03 is newer, so one would think it's somehow improved, but it's a test build so that's not always the case.

Couple questions. On your About phone screen, what does it display for Kernel version? Also, do you have the Superuser App in your App drawer?

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, FI03 is newer, so one would think it's somehow improved, but it's a test build so that's not always the case.

Couple questions. On your About phone screen, what does it display for Kernel version? Also, do you have the Superuser App in your App drawer?

Kernal Version:
3.0.15-1083465
se.infro@SEP-68 #3
SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 3 20:27:53 KST 2012

I do not see Superuser anywhere

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like its a stock kernel. No su would mean no root. My suggestion would be to go to the sec section. Look for a oneclick for fi03. Or even fi25. Read the instructions there. Then go read the sticky labeled how to not brick your phone. Same section. At the top.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My bad. Didn't realize this was ac. Go to xda-developers.com find the epic touch 4g forum. Then do what isaid earlier

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow messed up again. Lol. The how to not brick is a sticky in the general section of this phones forum

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Kernal Version:
3.0.15-1083465
se.infro@SEP-68 #3
SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 3 20:27:53 KST 2012

I do not see Superuser anywhere

Sorry for the delayed reply. Busy day today.

So, with FI03 on your phone, you're not going to be able to install an official OTA update, so at some point you're going to have to do a manual flash if you want the latest software version on your phone. The question is whether to do it now, or when an official update is pushed out and it's packaged up as a flashable TAR file.

I would probably recommend you flash the FH13 version now, via the "NO DATA" version of the easy to use Odin One-Click package. It looks like we should be seeing an official FI27 update soon, and this way, you'll be able to download this update OTA and install it. Flashing the FH13 TAR package will root your phone, but installing a future official update will remove root, as long as you don't use root to uninstall any system applications or mess with any other system files. It's possible that the previous owner did mess with some system applications, so if you want to be extra careful to avoid any future issues, you may want to use the "FULL SYSTEM RESTORE" version of the Odin One-Click file. This will wipe and restore you data partition as well, and put your phone back to factory status (except with root privileges).

Here is the post with instructions on what to do: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...latest-method-fh13-ics-official-firmware.html

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just do what this video says to get back to stock Gingerbread. Once your phone reboots you will automatically get the ff18 build update automatically pushed to your phone. Install that then you will get the fh13 update automatically pushed which is the newest update as of right now that has been officially released. Simple as that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmEmheJnyg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. So you would recommend doing the "full system restore" version?

Once I follow the link and do all the steps I will be back to stock with FH13 correct?

Thanks, I might dive into it this weekend.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Busy day today.

So, with FI03 on your phone, you're not going to be able to install an official OTA update, so at some point you're going to have to do a manual flash if you want the latest software version on your phone. The question is whether to do it now, or when an official update is pushed out and it's packaged up as a flashable TAR file.

I would probably recommend you flash the FH13 version now, via the "NO DATA" version of the easy to use Odin One-Click package. It looks like we should be seeing an official FI27 update soon, and this way, you'll be able to download this update OTA and install it. Flashing the FH13 TAR package will root your phone, but installing a future official update will remove root, as long as you don't use root to uninstall any system applications or mess with any other system files. It's possible that the previous owner did mess with some system applications, so if you want to be extra careful to avoid any future issues, you may want to use the "FULL SYSTEM RESTORE" version of the Odin One-Click file. This will wipe and restore you data partition as well, and put your phone back to factory status (except with root privileges).

Here is the post with instructions on what to do: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...latest-method-fh13-ics-official-firmware.html

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I went ahead and did the full restore Odin on my phone. It was pretty easy except in the end I realized somehow I downloaded the FH23 one instead of the FH13 one... Not sure how I did that.

Anyway, I went to download the FH13 one and there are 2 options Rooted or Non-Rooted... Which one do I choose?

EDIT - Never mind, got it! Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power