Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: [SPH-D710] Build FI27 Source Code Published

My phone is stock unrooted with EL29. I haven't installed any of the previous ICS updates. Can I install Fl27 without installing the previous ICS updates? Is there anything special I have to do to install it whenever I get it OTA?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by Monster4011 View Post
    How do i update it manually with ODIN
    [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FI27 (ICS) Official Firmware

Watch the video, perform the steps and you'll be all set.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Shine View Post
    My phone is stock unrooted with EL29. I haven't installed any of the previous ICS updates. Can I install Fl27 without installing the previous ICS updates? Is there anything special I have to do to install it whenever I get it OTA?
    The update will happen in steps, so it'll first update to the previous ICS version, then you'll need to update once more to be current.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cqpearson View Post
    Got FI27 OTA this morning during our little rain event nicknamed Sandy. So far, so good.
    36 hours after update, phone used 1% battery over a two hour period this evening. Basically idle with no calls and less than 10 texts. Preupdate 3% was the best I could get under similar use. So far, so good.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH - D710

Still reluctant to update my refurbished phone to ICS. My biggest issue was how hot my 1st phone would get eventually doing in my phone. Has anyone seen an improvement in battery temp?

Anyone else notice that unified search seems to be gone in fi27? Just searches google now, and I can't add other data sources...

Quote Originally Posted by dmogle View Post
    Anyone else notice that unified search seems to be gone in fi27? Just searches google now, and I can't add other data sources...
    In am pretty sure this is a result of one of Apple's lawsuits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I wonder if i could pull the apk out of another rom or something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I finally received the update ...2 days ago...in the middle of the afternoon. I have noticed a huge improvement in battery life! My battery life is similar to what I was achieving with Gingerbread. So far, so good.

Anything about improvement with battery life is what I'm wanting to hear. Please let me know about battery temp.

Duplicate post, sorry.
    Last edited by yarnsrj; 11-03-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Got this auto update this morning, so far no problems. I am not rooted, just stock, but a lot of apps installed.
    Treo's going back to dark ages, Pre Minus, Motorola Photon, Galaxy S2 and now Galaxy S4 & Asus T700 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    Anything about improvement with battery life is what I'm wanting to hear. Please let me know about battery temp.
    battery life has been pretty good or shall i say acceptable. been using update for a couple of weeks now and seems to be pretty consistent drain. its not as good as it was on GB. maybe 80% of the life i got with GB. I still have to charge phone every night after moderate internet/ phone use but it gets through the day alright. I do carry my charger around though if i think i might need to use the gps/map. i used my gps for a couple of hours the other day to find a business. i would shut off the screen when i could but the map/direction finder was always on for the two or three hours and it drained 50% of my battery. it worked flawlessly though. gps update and tracking was smooth and very accurate. i hope battery life gets a little better but i can live with it as it is. as a side note though....i never use wi-fi or bluetooth so wouldn't know how those may have an effect and my screen brightness auto-adjusts.

i have had no issues at all with a hot phone or battery since the upgrade.
    Last edited by er99; 11-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    Updated OTA Oct 29th. Battery vastly improved (see pic) and no heating issues.

Sent from my SPH - D710
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [SPH-D710] Build FI27 Source Code Published-uploadfromtaptalk1352079829198.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    fjitb likes this.

Dang that must be nice! Just got the update over the weekend. Worse battery life than before. Thats with letting it discharge and do a full recharge. Had to charge mine in the middle of the day after a full recharge, we're talking 6 hours on a full charge, minimal use and only 4 prog running in background. Shocked would be an understatement.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by sblair1269 View Post
    Dang that must be nice! Just got the update over the weekend. Worse battery life than before. Thats with letting it discharge and do a full recharge. Had to charge mine in the middle of the day after a full recharge, we're talking 6 hours on a full charge, minimal use and only 4 prog running in background. Shocked would be an understatement.
    do a factory reset....that may extend your battery life....just my 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian_Geek View Post
    do a factory reset....that may extend your battery life....just my 2 cents!
    Good idea. I performed the FR a while back following the initial OTA to ICS so it seems factory reset help at some point following updates.

Sent from my SPH - D710
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123