[SPH-D710] Build FI27 Source Code Published

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have seen radio fixes. This is the only noticeable feature. Foxfi finally works now too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's a screen shot of my battery life after updating to latest firmware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-19-22-04-35[1].png
    Screenshot_2012-10-19-22-04-35[1].png
    72.7 KB · Views: 98

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That is pretty impressive. What battery life were you getting prior to FI27?

About the same....I did the battery pull after updating each firmware and did a factory reset.....I read that would help with the battery life.....This isn't my original SG2....after the initial ICS update my ph was screwed up....Sprint store order me a new refurbished phone since I had insurance.....

er99

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for it here in Western Washington as well. Does anyone who has it notice any improvement in the radio? I'm hoping it's better, but expecting more of the same.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

yes big difference. signal strength is way better. my gps locked in about a minute which is awesome considering it took 15 minutes with gingerbread and the best thing is they fixed the internet speed problem. with gingerbread i got 5-10Mbps downloads. I flashed about 8 different modems with ICS and couldn't get above 1.5Mbps in the areas with the best signal strength. woke up this morning to the update prompt. have about a dozen apps on my phone and just did the update over my phone, rebooted, checked my internet speed first thing and now i'm getting over 5Mbps download consistantly. dont really notice any other changes yet. awesome upgrade. now i love ICS.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just recieved the update this morning and I don't want to jinx myself but my phone does seem to have slightly better reception now. It used to be so bad that my phone would be perpetually warm to the touch when I was at work. I have very weak Sprint reception at my office and my phone usually spent around 50% of the time roaming. But so far I have been on Sprint 3G all morning and my phone is still cool to the touch.

I know this isn't exactly a scientific test but for me it seems promising.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You can force the OTA if you feel like it. Clear Data from Google Framework a couple of times, (Settings -> Applications -> All -> Google Services Framework -> Clear Data), then go back and Check Samsung Update or whatever it's called.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You can force the OTA if you feel like it. Clear Data from Google Framework a couple of times, (Settings -> Applications -> All -> Google Services Framework -> Clear Data), then go back and Check Samsung Update or whatever it's called.
Thanks Shorty J! That did the trick for me.

NOTE: I kept selecting "Update Firmware" rather than "Update Samsung software" and no update was available. After the 4th time of clearing the framework data and "stopping it", I finally selected "Update Samsung software" in the System Updates section -- low-and-behold the update was there. I know the instructions were to select the "Samsung Update or whatever..." but I am used to selecting "Update Firmware" for past updates. If you're like me, just make sure you select the right one. :)

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This worked...update coming thru right now! :) Thank you!

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Cool! I had to do it several times, but eventually it did pick up on the update. Updating now. Thanks.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried it a couple of more times last night and it finally worked and I got the update. One strange thing after it completed I started getting random garbage texts which I finally attributed to my Airave. Once I turned off my phone, restarted it and then rebooted my Airave everything was cool.