Notification light not working, except for charging

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got the S2 yesterday, and I was wondering if there's a way to make the light that glows red during charging (and blue when it's complete), light up or blink when I get a call, text, email, or any other notification. I know about making the camera's flash light up, but that's too bright at night time because we have our baby sleeping in our room next to our bed and he'll wake up at bright lights. I've tried looking in places, but I can't find any info about this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Make charging light a notification light?

Settings> Display> Notification Light.... i believe it's checked by default on GB if i remember correctly. I've switched so many different android builds! :) Also try light flow app i think you can customize more with it.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

That is your notification light...right? Sounds like it isn't working properly. Mine would glow green for texts/calls (unless you use a third-party text app and then you can choose the color) and blue for Facebook notifications. It would never work on my S2, but it's even supposed to glow purple if you use the yahoo mail app.

Strange...

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Settings> Display> Notification Light.... i believe it's checked by default on GB if i remember correctly. I've switched so many different android builds! :) Also try light flow app i think you can customize more with it.

It's the "pulse notificiation light" in Settings > Display?... Crap, it is turned on, but it's not working.

That is your notification light...right? Sounds like it isn't working properly.

Oops! I didn't know that's what it was supposed to be! :-[

Mine would glow green for texts/calls (unless you use a third-party text app and then you can choose the color) and blue for Facebook notifications. It would never work on my S2, but it's even supposed to glow purple if you use the yahoo mail app.

Strange...

Now I'm really mad that it's not working if it's supposed to glow different colours for each type of notification.

Last edited:

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Mine doesn't pulse when charging either...nothing I've looked at in Settings has changed this.

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Count it as a blessing. I bet if you compare battery life to another e4gt I bet your battery life is way better. The notification light drains your battery. I use an AOKP or cna rom and always turn it off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance