Random shut down problems.batter shows major drop for no reason

wildacex187

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So this just started happening. I will be using the phone and the screen will start to flicker and then shuts down. The thing is I don't get a low battery warning and the phone would show that is has 50-80% charge at the times it does it. I'm running blu kuban rom. I
Can't seem to upload a pic of the battery stats at the moment to show how It drops. Is my battery failing?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like your battery is going bad. Take it out and see if it's bulging. If it spins on a tabletop, it's bad. This has been happening to a ton of people with this phone lately...

Sent from my SPH-D710

jacief

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine was doing this too. A new battery fixed it right up. I went for an extended battery on Amazon and have been very happy to get multiple days off a single charge.

mfsanso

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The extra battery does add to the profile (one of the draw backs). I've found that this really only affects appearance and not pocket presence (one of my important criteria when choosing this phone other than its specs). I personally think it improves one handed operation because it gives your pinky and index finger something to hold onto but I'm not trying to sell you the battery.

A replacement case comes with the batteryand fits flawlessly.

I originally got mine as a replacement for the stock while I was at work so I could stream radio but since my recent batty issues, it has become my primary battery and I've just been so satisfied with the true cordlessness it offers, I had to suggest it.