Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Speed dial not working after ICS update

So I just noticed today that my speed dial isn't working after the ICS update (in addition to a few other annoying things about the update, such as a large portion of my custom dictionary being wiped out).

I used to be able to just click on my dialer, click 2 and then click dial and it would start dialing. Now for some reason, instead of the phone dialing the number I set for it, it dials sprint customer care. It still brings up the number in the top, but I'd rather just click 2, then dial instead of clicking 2, click contact, dial.

Did they remove the speed dial feature or is it still there? I haven't fiddled with my phones settings in quite a long time, so I don't remember where the speed dial option used to be, but I can't find it now. How do I set a full phone number to just a single number on the dial screen?

Default Re: Speed dial not working after ICS update

I just set up the press-and-hold speed dial on mine and it works fine. I'm running the FH13 build of ICS.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

How do you set that up?

With the Dialer digit pad open, press the context menu button and choose "Speed dial setting". Tap the digit you want to set and select your contact.

Same problem. We have Moto Razr M's and they upgraded today to 4.1. Speed dials are GONE. No way to reset either. I try pushing on the number on dial pad; nothing.