Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Battery swelling

thanks!

Trust me, I went today, 5/06/13 and they want 55 bucks for a btty. So i been looking up the problem and i bump into you guys.
    even with the insurance, $55 out the door, and if they stock it like all Sprint stores "DON'T" yes, there will be a waiting period.

my phone Sumsung galaxy S4 is only four months old. Has been switching itself off, even though the battery is 100% charged. When its connected to the charge it works well, but as soon as you disconnect the charger, it works few minutes and automaticall switches off. Today 2013/09/30, I decided to check the battery, to my surprise i find the battery is swelling. I will send the phone to Sumsung tomorrow

My phone does the same thing i was told that it because you over charge the battery which creates a discharge. when you get your new battery be sure to only charge it while youre awakeand unplug it as soon as the battery is fully charged. also try not to use the phone while its charging

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rivera View Post
    My phone does the same thing i was told that it because you over charge the battery which creates a discharge. when you get your new battery be sure to only charge it while youre awakeand unplug it as soon as the battery is fully charged. also try not to use the phone while its charging
    Thanks for the information. My battery is swollen on my galaxy s4. Will seek to replace it and avoid overcharging it and using it while charging. Unfortunately its a deception from Samsung devices as Apple battery does better.

I had the same problem... I went to tech support and the guy literally said wow I can't believe this hasn't blown up its so swollen! Then he proceeded to tell me about a Swedish or something girl just recently had her phone ( exact one as mine) blow up in her pocket and gave her 3rd degree burns all down the side of her hip and leg. ... seriously and your selling this to people! It comes with no warning label and they don't tell you the risks when you buy it... im going to do some more studying up on this then im going in to demand a phone that won't possibly blow up in my face. if they give me issues dad's a lawyers so I hope they are ready.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12