Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Buy sux. I need help with another issue w/ this crappy phone

Got this from Best Buy new last yr. Recently the battery was giving me issue. I took the phone to Best Buy where I have a protection plan. They kept the phone and then sent me a refurbished one. The said if I still have the issue, then it would be the batter and I would need to replace it. The problem remained. So I ordered a battery replacement. They send me something called a Lenmar. On the package it says to replace "EB575152YZ." The battery in the Epic 4g touch is "EB625152VA." I called and told them this, and they claimed it was compatible. Now when I try to charge it, the notification light blinks red and I get an icon w/ an empty battery w/ a yellow triangle, w/ a battery in it w/ a slash across the battery. What does this sound like?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Best Buy sux. I need help with another issue w/ this crappy phone

incompatible battery.

a quick search for the part number shows it is for the

Showcase sch i500
    Samsung Showcase sch i500 Showca
    Mesmerize sch i500
    Samsung Mesmerize sch i500 Mesme
    Fascinate sch i500
    sch i500
    Samsung Fascinate sch i500 Fasci
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

damn. that's what I thought. I asked the customer service person and she assured me it was compatible. But I could tell something was not right. Best Buy was really no help at all.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Which is why I don't buy stuff from Best Buy anymore.......their service stinks and the company itself is in financial trouble....the phones maybe cheaper than sprint stores but when you have issues with Best Buy it's a PITA to deal with them.....

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I've had no problems with Best Buy over the years when purchasing phones or having repairs done. In fact, I purchased my E4GT from Amazon and was having battery problems...decided to walk into Best Buy to purchase a new battery (Sprint was no help) and walked out with a free (used) battery. They didn't have any in stock but had some left-over from display models. I have friends that have had phones fixed or replaced through the insurance program with no hassle.

If you have insurance I would just walk back into the store and inform them of the issue -- it would be best to show them. Ask to speak to a Manager and see what they can do for you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    incompatible battery.

A quick search for the part number shows it is for the

showcase sch i500
    samsung showcase sch i500 showca
    mesmerize sch i500
    samsung mesmerize sch i500 mesme
    fascinate sch i500
    sch i500
    samsung fascinate sch i500 fasci
    love your quote! Lmao
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417 View Post
    love your quote! Lmao
    Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Local Sprint Store here in Honolulu has given me free batteries with no charge.....guess I'm lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian_Geek View Post
    Local Sprint Store here in Honolulu has given me free batteries with no charge.....guess I'm lucky!
    That's it, I'm moving to Hawaii!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nikeairs23 View Post
    Got this from Best Buy new last yr. Recently the battery was giving me issue. I took the phone to Best Buy where I have a protection plan. They kept the phone and then sent me a refurbished one. The said if I still have the issue, then it would be the batter and I would need to replace it. The problem remained. So I ordered a battery replacement. They send me something called a Lenmar. On the package it says to replace "EB575152YZ." The battery in the Epic 4g touch is "EB625152VA." I called and told them this, and they claimed it was compatible. Now when I try to charge it, the notification light blinks red and I get an icon w/ an empty battery w/ a yellow triangle, w/ a battery in it w/ a slash across the battery. What does this sound like?
    I also had issues with the Lenmar replacement battery Bestbuy Partsearch sent me... After 2 returns of the wrong Samsung SPH-D710 "EB625152VA battery, I actually found the correct battery by going to the Lenmar site, where I found 2 batteries compatible with our Sprint variant Galaxy S2 phones.The third customer rep I spoke to(Elberto) actually understood which GS2 phone I had and accepted the Lenmar model numbers I gave him. Item number CLZ510SG is a 2500mAh extended battery and cover for our specific phone, and the third time was the charm. I would imagine once you get the correct battery, It will work fine.