Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies Restore giving error message- help please

my phone kept rebooting, over and over. 30-50 times per day. I had never used kies before, but I backed up with Kies. did the hard reset, and tried to restore what i backed up. it took about 30 minutes, maybe more to load everything and when it got through adding everything, it gave me an error message stating that it was unable to complete the restore.

what, if anything, can be done to get all my stuff back? a lot of the pictures are there. i can sync my contacts through my gmail. but everything else is gone. any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Matt

Default Re: Kies Restore giving error message- help please

Are you 100% stock? If so try something else to back up everything like Lookout and take it to the Sprint store. I would also DL everything on the phone to my SD card or computer and pull it out before you loose anything else. BTW, what else is missing?
    Lean Mean Jelly Bean GB27 Touched By An S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

None of my messages, call logs, preferences or email account information came back. I'm not sure what would have been saved in the "miscellaneous content", but my music and pictures are there. all the messages etc, that's the biggest hassle. i was hoping i wouldn't lose all my apps too. but apparently, those weren't part of the backup anyway.

and does it matter if i had sd card in when i did reset vs when i did restore? i took sd card out before i did the hard reset. then when i did the restore, i had put the sd card back in . my phone is 100% stock.

so when you suggest i back it up somewhere else, how would i do that when my phone is missing everything already?

thanks again
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I took the phone into sprint because the bigger issue was that from the black screen, using the power button to activate the phone? it was having no effect. sometime it would. but usually it wouldn't. so i had to keep plugging the phone into the charger, using it. then unplugging it. etc etc.

that is due to a software glitch that is irreversible.
    they are replacing it for free. it's going to take 2-3 days to get here. i'm guessing that's because they are sending a refurbished phone. anyhow. thanks for your help.