Screen Time Out setting is not sticking?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

For some reason I can't get the 'screen time out' setting to take hold.

It keeps reverting back to 15 seconds, which is making using the phone really annoying.

Does Samsung know about this bug?

Is there a fix for this?

I'm rooted using stock.

I even tried going back to factory unrooted and the bug is still there?

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

kris2k9

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
rlanza,

I noticed the same behaviour only after i rooted my phone. It keeps going back to 15s (i prefer 30).

I noticed that it goes back to 15 after every reboot. I am suspecting some app that could be resetting it to 15.... still digging.

Got a S2, running 2.3.6. Rooted with Lucifr.

Rgds
kris...

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you use power saving mode? If so, it automatically lowers your screen timeout to 15s when your battery gets lower unless you change it. Also, even if you turn power saving off, you'll have to manually change the screen timeout because it won't change itself back.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed this one, but I have another similar screen display gripe. I do not have any screen power saving modes set and like to have the Auto brightness button turned off and I keep the brightness setting lower, but it still looks plenty bright. Every now and then for no reason this setting keeps getting turned back on and I have to go into the settings > display > brightness and recheck it off again. This happens probably every single day. Extremely annoying. :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis