1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Is there a way to convert for use with Virgin Mobile?

It's been announced that Virgin Mobile is getting the GS2 and since I'm getting a Nexus 4 and my g/f has a crappy little Optimus V phone, it'd be great to give her my old GS2 to use with her account. Since it's still Sprint's network, you'd think it'd be nothing to do, but I'm sure there's some device ID hoodoo that would prevent the obvious from occurring. Is there any way to configure/flash/voodoo/transfer a Sprint GS2 for use with Virgin Mobile? Thanks.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    Android Powered Human

ROM
    Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel

Default Re: Is there a way to convert for use with Virgin Mobile?

It can probably be done, but you generally have to get Virgin Mobile to clear the ESN/IMEI for use on their network, which doesn't always work out. gives a general run down of it, but there is more to it than just flashing a new ROM and they don't fully go into it. In this instance, it would be best to Google as much as possible and see if others have successfully done what you are attempting to do with the same model of phone.

If I've helped, feel free to hit that "THANKS" button. It will make my day!