Is there a way to convert for use with Virgin Mobile?
It's been announced that Virgin Mobile is getting the GS2 and since I'm getting a Nexus 4 and my g/f has a crappy little Optimus V phone, it'd be great to give her my old GS2 to use with her account. Since it's still Sprint's network, you'd think it'd be nothing to do, but I'm sure there's some device ID hoodoo that would prevent the obvious from occurring. Is there any way to configure/flash/voodoo/transfer a Sprint GS2 for use with Virgin Mobile? Thanks.
- 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM #2Android Powered Human
- 163 Posts
- Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel
Re: Is there a way to convert for use with Virgin Mobile?
It can probably be done, but you generally have to get Virgin Mobile to clear the ESN/IMEI for use on their network, which doesn't always work out. This site gives a general run down of it, but there is more to it than just flashing a new ROM and they don't fully go into it. In this instance, it would be best to Google as much as possible and see if others have successfully done what you are attempting to do with the same model of phone.
- By owensch1 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 10Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:43 AM
- By mobilemedic20 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 10Last Post: 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
- By shanshor in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 17Last Post: 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
- By n813ca in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
- By Jibeker in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 03-04-2010, 07:54 AM