Power Button / Lock Screen & Mobile Network.

krashacej1

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I got the samsung galaxy s2 yesterday. I updated to 4.04, Fi27 and now after getting my homescreen all setup the way I want, I'm having 2 minor problems. I did a breif search with no answers.

It seems when I go into security settings, setup any lock and have it so it does not automatically lock until after 5 minutes of sleep. The problem I'm having is, every other android phone I've used...when you press the power button the phone will enter sleep mode. On this phone, when I press the power button...it automatically enters lock mode, not sleep mode. I don't want to have to enter my password every single time I screen off. Now I noticed when I wait the alloted time for display off in the display settings, it will not lock the screen. Is there any way to set the phone so the power button does NOT lock the phone and only turns the screen off?

Only other problem I noticed is I was at the store earlier with about 3 bars, and my phone didn't seem to have 3g. Is this normal that the phone stops transferring data randomly?

Cheers and thanks for your time!!

DubSanchez

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed that the screen locked right away. Probably a glitch.

As for the 3G dissapearing. I go to Setting/Data Usage... select the Mobile Data to On.

For some reason my mobile data turns off randomly from time to time. Hopefully that helps.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does randomly stop transmitting and my wifi has to be reset every once in a while as it stops transmitting too. When I set my phone to sleep using the power button and bring it back off, I always have to slide to unlock...thought I read somewhere that not having the phone lock is not an option with ICS. I'm not happy with this phone although I'm sure a lot of it has to do with Sprint and not the phone itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36