Sprint ID has stopped!

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 4.0.4 a couple of days ago, and every once in awhile my phone will freeze and I get "unfortunately sprint Id has stopped". It usually happens when I am trying a new theme on Go Weather for example.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Plus, I'm having widgets disappearing and needing to be redeployed over and over again. No clue!

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I get the sprint ID has stopped error every once in a while as well. I really have no clue where it has come from. It's not consistent in any way, shape or form for me. Sometimes it happens when I unlock the phone, sometimes it's whenI load an app, and sometimes it's when I close an app. Also, I can go days without getting it, and sometimes I'll get it 3 times in row. Like I said, inconsistent. The strangest part to me though is that I don't even use Sprint ID. Go figure. Lol

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me also! It locked up my phone too! Had to remove battery to access phone again. Once back on, wouldn't let me access my original settings. Had to do the dreaded factory reset. I can't wait for my contract to expire. I AM SO DONE WITH SPRINT!!!!!

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Happened here also. I wasn't using SprintID... so I got rid of it. Problem solved.

The Best is Yet to Come!
Sent from my SPH - D710

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you just uninstall sprint Id because I don't use it either?

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My Wifes GSII is having the same problem tried to uninstall Sprint ID and it won't uninstall. How did you uninstall it?

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was having this problem. I read on the Sprint forums that if you open up Google Play, then go to settings and under "General", uncheck the "Auto-Add Widgets" options. The error was happening to me usually when I downloaded a new app and it added a shortcut to my screen. So far, the error hasn't popped up. I just did this today.

ingodwefunk

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
After the last firmware update on Oct 25 it started happening so i didn't want to but i went ahead and wiped the phone and it hasn't happend since . . . . Now Im back to reinstalling all my appz ,it sucks,but worked for me.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm gonna end up doing a factory reset when I get my new battery in the mail on Friday. Just seems like starting fresh with the new battery will be the best way to go.

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Since my wifes phone was still under warranty I went to the Sprint store and raised hell. They gave her a replacement phone and it does not have this problem.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug in the ics update my viper did same thing don't uninstal sprint I'd it'll soft brick your phone

Sent from my ice cream flavored viper ls840

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, Best Buy sent me the wrong damn battery, so now I have to wait another week to get the right one. On the plus side, I haven't had this error come up in days. Now that I've said that, I'm sure it will show up again, but like I said in a previous post, it's such a random and sporadic error. Hopefully we can get JB on this phone and hopefully it will be the best built update ever, thus solving solving all of our woes. :)

Geoffrey Gitchell

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The problem is touchwiz launcher and sprint id are not synced, because sprint id now uses the ICS Launcher instead, so each time something adds a new icon, Sprint id gets tagged, doesn't know what to do and locks up and dies. To fix Sprint id, either download an id pack (if you have any old ones they are now bad). This will leave you at the ICS launcher, with all of your icons gone. If you reselect samsung from sprint id you should be back to normal with the crashes gone. Or you could do a factory reset. (this will also clear out the corrupted id packs).
This does give you a way to play with the ICS Launcher, but the stock widgets work much better with the touch wiz launcher

csterpka

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I clicked on the sprint id icon and now I don't like it!!!! I want to get rid of it but can't seem to find out how to go back to the way my phone was originally set up. Anyone know how to delete or uninstall sprint id???

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug in the ics update my viper did same thing don't uninstal sprint I'd it'll soft brick your phone

Sent from my ice cream flavored viper ls840

The brick is only caused by LGE's stupidity. Samsung doesn't do security checks on boot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of the crash by changing the option of auto adding icons to the screen. Just can't remember where it was in the options though.

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@Lordstimpy It's in the Google Play Store settings.

As I posted a while back, this did solve the issue for me...for a little while. Since then, it's been happening randomly at least 4-5 times a day. I talked to @SprintCare on twitter and they told me to clear the cache of Sprint ID, which I have done. Only thing they can suggest is taking it to the Sprint store. It's amazing how people have been reporting this issue for over two months since the FI-27 update and Sprint still doesn't know what to do about it. It makes using my phone very cumbersome at time, and I get flat out annoyed by it.