Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Strange Battery Problem - Need Help

Just want to add that my battery is a little over a year old and I was one of the first to do the upgrade to 4.0.4 that had all those early issues. High battery drain in particular. I think that is what really killed mine prematurely. At any rate, I'm still rocking GB and it had been fine, but as of lately my phone was complete junk! I kept getting the task manager popping up. Slow to respond, screen flicker and apps closing, losing signal, you name it. My battery had the buldge. I bought a Samsung direct replacement, same exact battery from Amazon for $15 shipped. Popped it in last night and my phone is back to it's old snappy self. Perfect! So far. I'll keep you all posted, but I now love my phone on GB all over again! So if you have issues, get a new battery!

ROM
    FD24

Just got the $15 genuine Samsung replacement battery and I was very disappointed with its performance. Here are three screenshots comparing the replacement 1800mAh battery (first screenshot) to the 3800mAh battery (second and third screenshot - both high intensity use and practically idle all day)

I'm sticking with the higher performance/capacity battery until my next phone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange Battery Problem - Need Help-uploadfromtaptalk1354645638290.jpg   Strange Battery Problem - Need Help-uploadfromtaptalk1354645666137.jpg   Strange Battery Problem - Need Help-uploadfromtaptalk1354645800426.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Replaced my battery... happy to say that the problem was solved. My old battery spins like a top, and compared to the new battery, you can see the bulge very clearly now.
    Make me wonder if Samsung had a bad batch of batterys when they launched the Epic Touch. Makes no sense that so many of these are suddenly going bad all at once in the same basic timeframe of
    about 12-14 months after purchase.
    Thanked by:
    hany53 
    LS14EVR and hany53 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lancehart View Post
    Replaced my battery... happy to say that the problem was solved. My old battery spins like a top, and compared to the new battery, you can see the bulge very clearly now.
    Make me wonder if Samsung had a bad batch of batterys when they launched the Epic Touch. Makes no sense that so many of these are suddenly going bad all at once in the same basic timeframe of
    about 12-14 months after purchase.
    Hard to say. Maybe it was bad QA. Maybe it has something to do with ICS. Maybe it's the thin plastic backing and environmental exposure issues. It could be a number of possibilities.

My new battery came today and all is well again. Although I'm pretty sure these $16 "OEM" batteries on Amazon are Chinese knockoffs. We'll see how this one performs over time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    LS14EVR likes this.

There are options -
    - Samsung factory batt,, 1800 mAh, about $30
    - Extended life batt,, 2600 mAh, about $28
    - External power pack, 3300 mAh, about $30,
    - External power pack, 6600 mAh, about $50,
    - External power pack, 12,000 mAh, about $80,

I always like to err on the side of too much power :-)

Wow - that was surreal. I was responding to a string about an Epic Touch battery. I posted, then scrolled to the top, and it was a different string.

Had this exact problem. Never had any battery issues until the JB upgrade. Tried Factory Reset and that didnt help.

I bought a $10 OEM Samsung battery off Amazon. Put it in last night. Phone works fine. No crash when using GPS with medium-high screen brightness. Old battery spun like a top.

Gonna hold me off 2 months until i upgrade to the S4

my S2 just shuts off without any notification and doesn't start until i plug it to the charger and switch it on. This mostly happens after 2 minutes of playing games,listening songs or downloadin an app. What should I do? Please help me

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Devish Laroiya View Post
    my S2 just shuts off without any notification and doesn't start until i plug it to the charger and switch it on. This mostly happens after 2 minutes of playing games,listening songs or downloadin an app. What should I do? Please help me
    You need a new battery. I'm using An Anker battery from Amazon and it works great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Lightbulb Re: Strange Battery Problem - Need Help

The same problem after 2 months of using a new phone with a new battery (I suppose at least).

I have a theory:

Something tells me, that it is caused by the car charger. My troubles started after buying and starting to use the car charger. I see the same experience all over this discussion. Could it be, that the car chargers could damage the IoN batteries? May be due to bad stabilization of charging voltage/current?

Someone could check it out? Is there anyone, who face the same problem without using any of car charger or any other doubty charger?

My phone is a HTC Desire S, which I upgraded to Android 4.0.4 a few months ago (official update). The shutdowns and extreme power drainage startet about a week ago. With a full battery my phone reliably shuts down less than 5 minutes into a game. Then upon reboot it reports ~6% battery life and often shuts down again.

I just took out my battery and saw a little bulge on one side. Though the bulge is not yet big enough to let the battery spin easily, I think I'm having the same problem you guys mentioned. I will probably try with a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by vitrap View Post
    Someone could check it out? Is there anyone, who face the same problem without using any of car charger or any other doubty charger?
    I never used a car charger. Instead I use either my PC or the official charger that came with the phone.

edit:
    The new battery solved my problem.

Though I wonder what caused my battery to fail. Maybe it got too hot during summer? I remember playing games on my phone a few weeks back and the phone got really hot (but it didn't shut down, therefore I thought it wasn't too hot). Or maybe it was just too old after 2 years of usage?
    Last edited by Tim_Schroeder; 10-01-2013 at 06:55 AM.

i currently have these same issues with a samsung galaxy player....here is the forum cause im to lazy to retype everything....hi names xero

i already got one battery and it did it again...though that battery could have been used as well...i also ordered an anker battery waiting for it to arrive...

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by xerofailgames View Post
    i currently have these same issues with a samsung galaxy player....here is the forum cause im to lazy to retype everything....hi names xero

i already got one battery and it did it again...though that battery could have been used as well...i also ordered an anker battery waiting for it to arrive...
    See of the Anker provides and better results. I had to Anker batteries with my E4GT and it worked great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12