1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Task manager

Why do I keep getting the Task manager popping up? I don't even know how to make it pop up on purpose. It just shows up sometimes. Any info.

I'm still rocking GB

Default Re: Task manager

I don't know why it keeps popping up on you, but I can tell you that to the make it, you hold down the home button for about 2 seconds or so.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!
    Thanked by:

If it's happening when your phone signal is fluctuating to a low signal state, it's probably the phantom button press issue. The home button is getting held down by the signal feedback (I say feedback loosely as I really don't understand the technicals of it). I believe the only resolution is to have the LCD replaced.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just want to add that my battery is a little over a year old and I was one of the first to do the upgrade to 4.0.4 that had all those early issues. High battery drain in particular. I think that is what really killed mine prematurely. At any rate, I'm still rocking GB and it had been fine, but as of lately my phone was complete junk! I kept getting the task manager popping up. Slow to respond, screen flicker and apps closing, losing signal, you name it. My battery had the buldge. I bought a Samsung direct replacement, same exact battery from Amazon for $15 shipped. Popped it in last night and my phone is back to it's old snappy self. Perfect! So far. I'll keep you all posted, but I now love my phone on GB all over again! So if you have issues, get a new battery!