Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation FI27 Software Update: Keeps failing and then reprompting every few days... WHY??!!!

I received an over the air update prompt a few weeks ago. I've been an android user for years and am used to being prompted to accept the update and let it do its thing. Its always installed successfully on its own.

This time however, it starts to install, then goes to a strange screen with a dead android in the background. It gives me several options such as: reboot phone, install update from cache, factory data reset... and other options. When on the screen I can only use the physical buttons like volume up/down, and the power button on the right side to navigate and select... Below the options there are a string of notices saying that there is an error, something about the cache, a string of random numbers and then it says Installation aborted.

I keep choosing the "reboot phone" option so that I do not do something devastating, like loose all of my apps and data... Once the phone starts up again, however, it says "Update Successful"

Nothing too out of the ordinary happens for a few days then I will receive another prompt for this update, and the cycle described above repeats. In the meantime the biggest issue I have noticed is that a lot more of my apps have been freezing up and I keep getting notifications that random apps can't install on USB storage or SD card. <--I do believe this is a separate issue though.

How can I successfully get through this update? Is there a way to do it from a specific website, instead of the failed OTA update repeating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Default Re: FI27 Software Update: Keeps failing and then reprompting every few days... WHY??!!!

I am having the same issue. It is driving me nuts, I even did a full reset and it still won't go.

Lightbulb Re: FI27 Software Update: Keeps failing and then reprompting every few days... WHY??!!!

Found a solution!!!

Install Kies Software, it checks your firmware and updates it via the software, worked first time no failures. take a bit to run.

Phone is at the latest update now and it is very snappy after update. Lets hope the battery increases like they say.

Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung

Default Re: FI27 Software Update: Keeps failing and then reprompting every few days... WHY??!!!

It's probably a bad download, which is why installing via Kies would work since it downloads the file again. To do it without Kies, you could try booting into recovery by holding down Vol Up and Power at the same time to boot then wipe cache and reboot. I believe this would delete the download file and allow you to try again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sandie Xombie Labor View Post
    I received an over the air update prompt a few weeks ago. I've been an android user for years and am used to being prompted to accept the update and let it do its thing. Its always installed successfully on its own.

This time however, it starts to install, then goes to a strange screen with a dead android in the background. It gives me several options such as: reboot phone, install update from cache, factory data reset... and other options. When on the screen I can only use the physical buttons like volume up/down, and the power button on the right side to navigate and select... Below the options there are a string of notices saying that there is an error, something about the cache, a string of random numbers and then it says Installation aborted.

I keep choosing the "reboot phone" option so that I do not do something devastating, like loose all of my apps and data... Once the phone starts up again, however, it says "Update Successful"

Nothing too out of the ordinary happens for a few days then I will receive another prompt for this update, and the cycle described above repeats. In the meantime the biggest issue I have noticed is that a lot more of my apps have been freezing up and I keep getting notifications that random apps can't install on USB storage or SD card. <--I do believe this is a separate issue though.

How can I successfully get through this update? Is there a way to do it from a specific website, instead of the failed OTA update repeating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Did you remove any system apps, or custom recovery?

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Did you remove any system apps, or custom recovery?
    I thought of that too, but after reading the post, I came to the conclusion that the OP's phone probably isn't rooted.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've not rooted my phone, you are correct on that. Going to wipe cache as described above and attempt redownload of the OTA update. Will let you know how that goes... Thanks for all the help!

I've had the same issues for a couple months now and nothing has worked. I've been searching the net with no resolution. I uninstalled Kies, re-installed, cleared my cache, rebooted, tried with wifi on/off, etc. Nothing is working and it seems my only option is to factory reset which I will not do. I have not done anything to crack my phone, its still locked to the original provider which I'm with just nothing will work... any other ideas?

Hey so did reinstalling the OTA update work? Because I've tried doing that because I have the same problem and it doesn't work.
    Last edited by dprizzeh; 08-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.