- 45 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
will rooting help or fix GPS issue?
Sorry if this has been addressed before. I have major GPS issues where it just won't lock or take ridiculously long to get a lock. I've had the phone for a year and it's always been this way. I can't stand it anymore. Has anyone had this problem and then rooted and it fixed the problem? If so, do you need to flash a whole new ROM after rooting to fix the issue or is there some other "patch" or fix that can be applied to the stock ROM? Thanks!
- 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM #2
- 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM #3
Re: will rooting help or fix GPS issue?
These steps helped for me with that same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. Seems to lock on faster now.
1. Download GPS Test app from Android Market (it's free!) and install
2. Go to Settings > Applications > Maps
3. Click "Force stop"
4. Click "Clear data"
5. Go to GPS Test and in the menu, hit "Clear Aiding Data"
6. Open Navigation and enter a nearby destination
7. See if it still gets stuck on 'searching for GPS'
Found these steps in the link below.
- 11-20-2012, 05:47 PM #4
- 11-21-2012, 12:12 AM #5
- By Funkpod in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 29Last Post: 12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
- By 6tr6tr in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
- By Ticojpunk in forum Motorola Triumph on Virgin MobileReplies: 6Last Post: 11-14-2011, 04:31 AM
- By evoldroid in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM
- By vkettell in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 7Last Post: 04-05-2011, 09:38 PM