Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Virgin Mobile S2 4G has clockwork, but all roms give Status 7

Hey Cbarnhill did you ever post the nandroid backup of vm rom?
    I was able to compile the kernel thanks to shanenielsen1234 at
    but that's it, I don't know what use that could be to someone as that is not the entire rom, I've come to understand that a ROM is much more then just a kernel, it has a platform,source code,and some other stuff??
    Anyway I can post an unmodified VM kernel for galaxy s2 and what should be a rooted VM kernel. Use the link above to figure out how to use them, I zipped them up. Each zip has a zimage (is for mobile odin) and mykernel.tar (is for use with odin.)

Thanked by:

im really hurting for that backup. this is kinda a last ditch effort before i take the phone back

yea i compiled that too. did you use the kernel from samsung? i tried to do the same ics but couldnt manage to get the commands to work on ubuntu probably my lack of knowledge of linux lol plus i think that it was going to take up a LOT more disk space which i dont have right now

also did you try and flash it yet? i havent

Kernel is from samsung the last one vm in name. To compile it i followed the directions i mentioned but if you look in the readme file that comes with the kernel from samsung they also give you directions in thete you will see the configuration file is different this time around so the commands have to be adjusted according. Don't have time now to get into details. Take care.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Sorry about the wait, I've been caught up in Christmas stuff. But here's the link to the official stock rom. Even better than my nandroid I was having problems with uploading.

Thanked by 2:

Awesome you da Man THnaks Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by iceapplecream View Post
    Awesome you da Man THnaks Bro!
    You guys are welcome, sorry it wasn't sooner.

ROM
    Bobz CM10.0

Quote Originally Posted by cbarnhil View Post
    Sorry about the wait, I've been caught up in Christmas stuff. But here's the link to the official stock rom. Even better than my nandroid I was having problems with uploading.

Thank u for this. I have been hunting it for about a wk now. I've had several people ask me for it. I will direct them to this. Again Thank You

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Update: I went with the rooted restore of the VM rom posted above, but sadly, that did not fix my network issues, it seems now I've lost my aaa keys, wimax, etc settings.

Not much more i can do, unless I want to manual put in all the settings, which I won't be able to find. Guess it's a dead-end for me.

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rxvexe View Post
    Update: I went with the rooted restore of the VM rom posted above, but sadly, that did not fix my network issues, it seems now I've lost my aaa keys, wimax, etc settings.

Not much more i can do, unless I want to manual put in all the settings, which I won't be able to find. Guess it's a dead-end for me.
    Just do a ##786# and reset, profile update, then a PRL update. IN THAT ORDER on a VM stock rom.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarnhil View Post

thanks a billion for the link

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Just do a ##786# and reset, profile update, then a PRL update. IN THAT ORDER on a VM stock rom.
    I just flashed the above vmu rom pack and it's working fine so far, but I think I may be having the same data issues not sure (always kind of had crappy coverage at home). would resetting the profile and PRL correct this issue for me with this specific rom Thanks to everyone in this post.

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ksg97 View Post
    I just flashed the above vmu rom pack and it's working fine so far, but I think I may be having the same data issues not sure (always kind of had crappy coverage in home). would resetting the profile and PRL correct this issue for me with this specific rom
    You can always try. I know Sprint has pushed a new PRL recently, so yeah it might.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    I tried that method but can't retrieve MSL code even with terminal emulator. is their any other option. or is there anyone who can post the code. virgin mobile by the way

Quote Originally Posted by ksg97 View Post
    I tried that method but can't retrieve MSL code even with terminal emulator. is their any other option. or is there anyone who can post the code. virgin mobile by the way
    I fixed my problem by installing the version that resetted the data instead of keeping mine. I made backups of my media and apps,so I just had to spend a hour or so reinstalling everything. But I'm running rooted and all I have to do is what for a recovery mod.Then I can explore the world of andriod rooting. any sugestions on where to go next?
    Last edited by ksg97; 12-30-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12