E4GT won't boot!!!! I have tried almost everything.....

4uproductions

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!
I am new to posting in this forum. Usually I read a lot in order to find solutions to my problems but this time I am completely STUCK!! It started when I tried to update my firmware usingKies. Well, Kies ended up stuck at 1% and nothing I tried (reinstalling, different usb ports/ cables, etc.) helped. So I ended up with the phone being stuck on a message that said "Firmware upgrade encountered a problem", and to try to recover it with Kies. Tried that.... it too got stuck and wouldn't finish. So at this point I can only get into Odin download mode and a froze boot screen.

So I decided to give Odin a shot and see if I could flash a kernel and rom on the phone. That hasn't worked either. With Odin I tried the one click stock EL29 rom that was on the phone originally. That wouldn't get pass "setup connection" before it got stuck. So I tried the rom that Kies was trying to update to one click F127 and it got stuck at the DATAFS part of it and I was forced to reboot. I then tried the one click f127 (no data) and it passed but still wouldn't boot. I then tried rolling back to one click EL26 and putting CM9 on there. Once again it "passed" in Odin but wouldn't boot. So at this point I am now able to get into download mode and cwm5 recovery mode.

So I try a handful of different kernels and roms using recovery from my external sd instead of using a usb port and cable. All of them flash fine (I can tell when recovery mode changes per flash) but none of them boot up.

So as a last resort I tried Heimdall one click unbrick. It popped up a message that my drivers needed to be installed and would pop up a window in order to do so. I was supposed to pick "Samsung usb composite" out of a list and install from there but there was nothing named that. So that came to a dead end as well.

Sorry for the long description, I just figure the more info you guys have is the better chance of getting the correct solution without all the fluff. Thanks in advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So it seems like you have download mode and recovery (cwm) available. When you try and reboot what screen does it take you to?

My suggestion is to re-install Odin (Its probably not unnecessary but its best to start fresh) and restore FI27 ROM available in the second post here: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore) - xda-developers

Put the phone into Download Mode and use the download titled: "[OC] FI27 Full Stock ROM One-Click.exe". Let's start fresh and try and get it to boot.

4uproductions

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. When I reboot it takes me to the Samsung boot screen and stays there. I have already tried that particular "one click" but noticed that there was a version 2 as well, so I will try that too.

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
This may be a stupid piece of advise but make sure you have the phone show up in device manager under ports (com & lpt)
use dialing codes to put phone in modem mode, on my phone it's 2 different codes I have to enter.
##8778# pick = all
and *#7284# pick = modem for both.
If that doesn't work I'd try to erase the phone with
##72786# but use that at your own risk.

and make sure usb debugging is also enabled.
good luck.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Iceapple good suggestions except he can't boot into a rom to enable any of that. Sounds like a corrupted partition.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I see now, I'm totally sorry,
That's what I thought, but I got confused by "So as a last resort I tried Heimdall one click unbrick. It popped up a message that my drivers needed to be installed and would pop up a window in order to do so. I was supposed to pick "Samsung usb composite" out of a list and install from there but there was nothing named that. So that came to a dead end as well."
I thought he finally got the phone to boot.There is no bootloader menu (download mode) on the phone? I'd try that, (having the phone connected by usb cable to computer) then may be the computer can pick it up and load the proper drivers for the phone. It's suppose to be enabled by holding vol up and power together from a cold boot (off).

I guess the last resort would be Jtag, some info here:
RIFF JTAG – Samsung SPH-D710 Galaxy S2 Epic Touch 4G (Samsung Within) Unbrick – dead boot repair supported ? RIFF Box – JTAG Revolution

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you can get into download mode and can see the boot screen you aren't bricked. Try rebooting your computer with your phone unplugged and start over. I've had to do that before when Odin would not work properly. I would also try a different USB port. Ports on the front of my pc have caused problems for me and I have to use a rear ports only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995