New Battery?

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has become horrible after ICS and I was wondering if a new battery would solve the problem.

If you had horrible battery life after ICS and replaced your battery, can you please post if that fixed your problem.

It is either a new battery for 30 bucks or a GS3 for 49 bucks, one way or another I have to solve this problem. Getting through the day was never a problem before and now I can barely make it through a half a day.

Thanks.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It is either a new battery for 30 bucks ...
It seems a lot of us are only getting a year on the original battery. I had a lot of issues with rapid drops in battery level and some OS gremlins. A new battery fixed most of it (I still suffer the issues with the buggy ICS update :( ).

I bought an OEM Samsung battery from Amazon for only $14.85 (shipping included). Get it, you will will be happy. OEM Samsung Standard Battery for Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 EB625152VA

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well it is said the battery as to get to know the ics update so over time the battery is suppose to get better .. I have no idea about gingerbread since I got my phone with ics stock and I can go about 14 hours without a charge and I am a heavy user

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely fixed my battery life when I got a new battery. My battery life was horrid, now it is pretty good.

Edit: I had a bad battery, very swollen. It was getting to the point of random shutdowns and loss of service. Problems went away after replacement.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely fixed my battery life when I got a new battery. My battery life was horrid, now it is pretty good.

Edit: I had a bad battery, very swollen. It was getting to the point of random shutdowns and loss of service. Problems went away after replacement.

Yep. Same problems here. My replacement will be here in a couple days. Poor QA on these batteries. They should be lasting more than a year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add that my battery is a little over a year old and I was one of the first to do the upgrade to 4.0.4 that had all those early issues. High battery drain in particular. I think that is what really killed mine prematurely. At any rate, I'm still rocking GB and it had been fine, but as of lately my phone was complete junk! I kept getting the task manager popping up. Slow to respond, screen flicker and apps closing, losing signal, you name it. My battery had the buldge. I bought a Samsung direct replacement, same exact battery from Amazon for $15 shipped. Popped it in last night and my phone is back to it's old snappy self. Perfect! So far. I'll keep you all posted, but I now love my phone on GB all over again! So if you have issues, get a new battery!

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
After months of complaining about my battery life since the ICS update I can't believe I'm about to say this, but, yes, I think a new battery may help. I actually got my new battery yesterday and cannot believe how long the phone lasts. Yesterday I went almost 9 hours before I got the message to plugin. Today I got just over 13 hours. I feel like my phone is regenerated. Yes, I'm still ticked off about the other problems the update caused, but at least the most important one has been fixed, and for only $19.99.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a replacement battery... today I got 2 hours on a full charge... random shut offs, screen flickers, spastic changes in battery percentage... bulging battery, yeah I can say my issues are the battery... lol.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Sprint repair store this morning, a week after they said it was fine. This repair guy didn't even test it, said it was swollen as , and definitely not good. Sending me a replacement by mail, have by Wed.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
New battery in, charged. Also downloaded deep sleep battery saver... after 6hrs 48min of sleeping time last night have 89% battery left... so it seems if you are getting poor battery life, a new battery may be the answer.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Removed the deep sleep program, doesn't let phone calls through... not the best battery life for me, but I'm a heavy user... any recommendations for extended life batteries?

s_duff

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
just got the Qcell 4100mah extended battery and a Trexell case.

Battery is better so far but I have a word of caution... DO NOT LET YOUR BATTERY DRAIN UNTIL IT SHUTS OFF... Many forums said to do this to condition your battery and it is bad information. It is bad for the battery and shortens its life.

You only completely drain your battery if your phone isn't properly reading your charge level. I did it twice before I k ew better and I think it has actually hurt my battery life.

Try to avoid having your Li ion battery go beneath 20% before recharging
. I found this out researching how to condition a Li on battery.

Last edited:

javi9600

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone is over a year old with an original battery and I started having random reboots and app freezes. My battery level would jump from 55% down under 20% when I used an app. Recently, I just changed my battery to an OEM Samsung battery. Now it holds a charge and my phone is usable again.

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I placed a new oem battery in mine and went back to GingerBread. WOW! The battery life is tremendous. I was experiencing rapid drain, original battery just wasn't holding the charge for very long. It lasted about a year as I switched in a Trexcell along the way.

skitzx0rz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem after the ICS update...battery swelled, screen flickered, power would drop from full to 0 instantly and shutdown. I read online about similar problems and I replaced the battery with a brand new Samsung OEM battery. (This was a month or two ago) Everything was great until recently. SAME THING happening AGAIN. I have another swollen battery (even worse than last time) and random shutdowns and screen flickers have returned. My contract for this phone will not be up until September, and I can't afford to pay full price for an upgrade right now.

How many times do Samsung/Sprint expect me to buy a new battery?? Aren't they putting their customers in potentially dangerous situations every time this happens? Any thoughts on how I should handle this? This is extremely frustrating. :mad:

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the same problem after the ICS update...battery swelled, screen flickered, power would drop from full to 0 instantly and shutdown. I read online about similar problems and I replaced the battery with a brand new Samsung OEM battery. (This was a month or two ago) Everything was great until recently. SAME THING happening AGAIN. I have another swollen battery (even worse than last time) and random shutdowns and screen flickers have returned. My contract for this phone will not be up until September, and I can't afford to pay full price for an upgrade right now.

How many times do Samsung/Sprint expect me to buy a new battery?? Aren't they putting their customers in potentially dangerous situations every time this happens? Any thoughts on how I should handle this? This is extremely frustrating. :mad:

almost exactly the same situation as me.

barring Sprint making this right, i will likely leave Sprint when my contract ends - and i've been a sprint customer since the 1990s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae